Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Phil Jackson has said if he coaches next year it will be with the Lakers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No doubt Clevelanders want to keep LeBron, but I think a lot of people around here would find it hilariously funny, if still bittersweet, if LeBron ended up with a team other than the Knicks, Nets or Bulls. Rumors of LeBron going to NY have been around ever since he entered the NBA, to the degree where some people I know seem to believe that this whole thing has been a conspiracy between Daniel Stern, Nike and the Knicks to let him start out in Cleveland to see if he could live up to his potential, then move him to NY once he finished his Cleveland deal to turn the Knicks back into a marquee NBA franchise. So if he does leave, but not to the Knicks or Nets, they would at least be able to laugh at those two teams for spending all that time and effort to make cap space for LeBron only to get stiffed. Besides, Cleveland already sees most of its best baseball players leave for NY or Boston. The Bulls not getting him would be icing on the cake (too many bad Jordan memories in Cleveland).

Personally, I think if he's really set on winning, he has to stay with the Cavs. They have a good foundation and could make a few moves to bolster the team, provided they dump Mike Brown and maybe Danny Ferry. On the other hand, leaving for NY or NJ means he will go from playing for a regular playoff contender to a rebuilding project in the prime of his career. Even with LeBron, the Knicks have a whole lot of bad to clear out before they get good. They might make the playoffs in a year or so, but I don't see them getting further than Cleveland has with him. The Nets? Same deal and, well, they aren't going to magically have that new arena in Brooklyn next season, if it ever gets built at all.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

The latest rumors about what may have been distracting LeBron during games 5-6 are wild. Not to say that they couldn't be true...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    The latest rumors about what may have been distracting LeBron during games 5-6 are wild. Not to say that they couldn't be true...
    Would certainly top the "Rick Manning shacking up with Dennis Eckersley's wife while on Manning was on the DL and Eck was on the road with the team" as far as Cleveland Sports Scandals go.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    No doubt Clevelanders want to keep LeBron, but I think a lot of people around here would find it hilariously funny, if still bittersweet, if LeBron ended up with a team other than the Knicks, Nets or Bulls. Rumors of LeBron going to NY have been around ever since he entered the NBA, to the degree where some people I know seem to believe that this whole thing has been a conspiracy between Daniel Stern, Nike and the Knicks to let him start out in Cleveland to see if he could live up to his potential, then move him to NY once he finished his Cleveland deal to turn the Knicks back into a marquee NBA franchise. So if he does leave, but not to the Knicks or Nets, they would at least be able to laugh at those two teams for spending all that time and effort to make cap space for LeBron only to get stiffed. Besides, Cleveland already sees most of its best baseball players leave for NY or Boston. The Bulls not getting him would be icing on the cake (too many bad Jordan memories in Cleveland).

Personally, I think if he's really set on winning, he has to stay with the Cavs. They have a good foundation and could make a few moves to bolster the team, provided they dump Mike Brown and maybe Danny Ferry. On the other hand, leaving for NY or NJ means he will go from playing for a regular playoff contender to a rebuilding project in the prime of his career. Even with LeBron, the Knicks have a whole lot of bad to clear out before they get good. They might make the playoffs in a year or so, but I don't see them getting further than Cleveland has with him. The Nets? Same deal and, well, they aren't going to magically have that new arena in Brooklyn next season, if it ever gets built at all.
    Something tells me Portland is a sneaky wildcard.

I'd think long and hard before going to New York. If he had a series playing for the Knicks like the one he just finished the Press would pound him there. Cleveland has to treat him with kid gloves right now but under a different situation in NY it'd be brutal

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    After seeing that, how can he not stay in Cleveland?!

But seriously, that was pretty cool.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Quote Originally Posted by urdun View Post
    Something tells me Portland is a sneaky wildcard.
    And then they move the team to Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    What are said rumors?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

ESPN stated this AM that Brown has not been fired yet, however it is probably only a matter of time. I would think they would see if Lebron coming back is a possibility before making a decision about Brown.

I have seen some crazy rumors as well about Lebron and Delonte West. Rumor was started by a blogger who has a friend that supposedly has inside information. It is scary what some of these guys will print.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...es.html?cat=14
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    ESPN stated this AM that Brown has not been fired yet, however it is probably only a matter of time. I would think they would see if Lebron coming back is a possibility before making a decision about Brown.

I have seen some crazy rumors as well about Lebron and Delonte West. Rumor was started by a blogger who has a friend that supposedly has inside information. It is scary what some of these guys will print.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...es.html?cat=14
    I have no sources with regard to this rumor. All I can say is that I do have a source that can verify that Delonte is into "cougars."

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I have no sources with regard to this rumor. All I can say is that I do have a source that can verify that Delonte is into "cougars."
    Shades of Ricky Vaughn and Mrs. Dorn in Major League.

"I didn't know who she was. I swear to God."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Shades of Ricky Vaughn and Mrs. Dorn in Major League.

"I didn't know who she was. I swear to God."
    Mixed with Stiffler's Mom from American Pie.

1) He can't stay with the Cavs. They are hamstrung with bad contracts and are only going to get older and less effective. The organization has been trying to keep LeBron from year to year and have not tried to "build" a team.
    2) I do think that the "ordan issue is huge in Chicago. Put it this way. Jordan is the Bulls. Outside of MJ, they have been one of the worst and least relevant franchises in the history of the NBA. They're winning percentage w/o Jordan is 44% and they have never made the finals. The spectre of Jordan in Chicago is simply too large.
    3) The Nets, is LeBron willing to spend two years of his prime in Newark (although he was happy to spend seven years in Cleveland...)
    4) The Knicks....the Knicks. It has to be NY. Think about this. In Chicago, he needs to win a ton of titles to compare to Jordan whereas if he brings one to NY, he is beyond immortal. MSG is the greatest arena in sports (and I'm generally not one for hyperbole). It has to be NY. We are all thinking about 2010 only, but if LeBron/Bosh (etc..) go to NY, you will be others flock to NY. Also, if the Knicks will spend money and will go over the tax.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    MSG is the greatest arena in sports
    I'm sure they'll ruin it in the renovation. They always do.

Turn Off Ads?