Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 654

Thread: The Lebron saga

  1. #586
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Wearing a former players new jersey does not warrant the waste of a beer, especially an expensive one. Cleveland fans are in the wrong.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #587
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,481

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Kind of speaks for itself.

  4. #588
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hartford City, IN
    Posts
    346

    Re: The Lebron saga

    I just caught an interview with this guy on ESPNews. He's obviously loving the attention. Came off as a whiner, he didn't look good at all. They also showed video where his lady friend about got into an altercation on their way out. They looked real classy.

  5. #589
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,413

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    I just caught an interview with this guy on ESPNews. He's obviously loving the attention. Came off as a whiner, he didn't look good at all. They also showed video where his lady friend about got into an altercation on their way out. They looked real classy.
    I predicted before seeing a picture that he would look JUST like he did. Stereotypes can be right.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  6. #590
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hartford City, IN
    Posts
    346

  7. #591
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: The Lebron saga

    This dude is a dumbass. Any coverage he gets beyond this is beyond stupid. What did he think was going to happen?

    Lets lay out some similarities.

    Walking into the Black Hole in Oakland wearing a KC Cheifs Marcus Allen jersey.

    Walking into Morgantown wearing a Rich Rodriguez mask.

    Walking into SF Giants stadium wearing Dodger Blue.

    Dressing like Steve Bartman in Wrigley.

    He should NOT get his money back and he should have more common sense than to wear LeBron gear to an Indians game while its still fresh in peoples minds. Im just shocked that Clevelanders had the self control to not knock the guy out at some point in the evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  8. #592
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,395

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Good to see Cleveland continue to respond with maturity in regards to the situation.

  9. #593
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,267

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Good to see Cleveland continue to respond with maturity in regards to the situation.
    Is Cleveland somehow exceptional in this regard? I've been to plenty of Brown' games in full Bengals gear and never had an issue. Of course I'm always respectful of the people around me and always cheer my team on in a civil manner. However, I've seen other go to games and start antagonizing everybody. Those are the ones who catch hell. I've seen the same in Cincinnati and I've seen worse at Cubs and Steelers games. And none of that compares to what we've seen from Philly fans or NY Jets fans. At least no one intentionally vomited on him or forced his girl to run a guantlet of drunks demanding she flash her lady parts. Considering security was called by the people around him, I stand by my belief that he was the primary troublemaker trying to stir things up.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  10. #594
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,395

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Is Cleveland somehow exceptional in this regard? I've been to plenty of Brown' games in full Bengals gear and never had an issue. Of course I'm always respectful of the people around me and always cheer my team on in a civil manner. However, I've seen other go to games and start antagonizing everybody. Those are the ones who catch hell. I've seen the same in Cincinnati and I've seen worse at Cubs and Steelers games. And none of that compares to what we've seen from Philly fans or NY Jets fans. At least no one intentionally vomited on him or forced his girl to run a guantlet of drunks demanding she flash her lady parts. Considering security was called by the people around him, I stand by my belief that he was the primary troublemaker trying to stir things up.
    It's not just Cleveland fans, clearly. I just don't see how getting all fussy about someone wearing a piece of clothing is a good idea. Lebron is in Miami, that's the way it is, let's move on.

    Granted, if Votto goes to the Yankees in a few years and someone sits in the SunDeck wearing a Votto Yankees jersey, I'm probably going to hammer him, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it .

  11. #595
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: The Lebron saga

    By all accounts, Utah is the most vile group of fans in the NBA, so don't associate fan behavior with a city.

    BTW, I believe that this guy is the ultimate tool.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  12. #596
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: The Lebron saga

    I know LeBron has taken quite a hit in the media and with fans, but here are some undeniable positives from this.
    1) The league has a true "villain/evil empire" now. The Lakers are the usual recipient of most peoples unwarranted anger, but the Heat now have stolen that mantle.
    2) The league became instantly more interesting. How are other teams going to react to this? Will it work? How will LeBron and Wade play together? Will LeBron finally become Magic 2.0?
    3) We now have at least 10-15 new "must see" games. Heat/Celtics, Heat/Lakers, Heat/Magic, Heat/Cavs, etc... It is going to be awesome. I couldn't be more excited for the NBA to start.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  13. #597
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I know LeBron has taken quite a hit in the media and with fans, but here are some undeniable positives from this.
    1) The league has a true "villain/evil empire" now. The Lakers are the usual recipient of most peoples unwarranted anger, but the Heat now have stolen that mantle.
    2) The league became instantly more interesting. How are other teams going to react to this? Will it work? How will LeBron and Wade play together? Will LeBron finally become Magic 2.0?
    3) We now have at least 10-15 new "must see" games. Heat/Celtics, Heat/Lakers, Heat/Magic, Heat/Cavs, etc... It is going to be awesome. I couldn't be more excited for the NBA to start.
    I wonder what the fans of teams like Atlanta, Milwaukee, Minnesota, etc think of this consolidation of "star power" with all these Triumverants. Because you know if you're not a major market with serious drawing power you have no chance at getting your own trio unless you're incredibly lucky in the draft.

    If the Rumors are true youll have:
    Miami Thrice
    LA Kobe/Pau/whoever consist of a trio amongst themselves .
    Knicks: Amare, CP III, Melo
    Boston: The Aging Wonders

    Im probably leaving out a bunch. But besides the Bulls drafting theirs I dont see many others.
    IMO NBA is starting to look more and more like Baseball where there going to be a handful of teams that are legitimate contenders then everyone else will be fighting for the scraps of attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  14. #598
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Slyder,

    The NBA has been like this for years. Pretty much the same teams are in the running for the championship every season.

  15. #599
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I know LeBron has taken quite a hit in the media and with fans, but here are some undeniable positives from this.
    1) The league has a true "villain/evil empire" now. The Lakers are the usual recipient of most peoples unwarranted anger, but the Heat now have stolen that mantle.
    2) The league became instantly more interesting. How are other teams going to react to this? Will it work? How will LeBron and Wade play together? Will LeBron finally become Magic 2.0?
    3) We now have at least 10-15 new "must see" games. Heat/Celtics, Heat/Lakers, Heat/Magic, Heat/Cavs, etc... It is going to be awesome. I couldn't be more excited for the NBA to start.

    You'll get your wish. The first game the Heat will play will be in Boston.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5433607

    And LeBron thanked Akron in a newspaper ad but omitted Cleveland.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5433205
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  16. #600
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I wonder what the fans of teams like Atlanta, Milwaukee, Minnesota, etc think of this consolidation of "star power" with all these Triumverants. Because you know if you're not a major market with serious drawing power you have no chance at getting your own trio unless you're incredibly lucky in the draft.

    If the Rumors are true youll have:
    Miami Thrice
    LA Kobe/Pau/whoever consist of a trio amongst themselves .
    Knicks: Amare, CP III, Melo
    Boston: The Aging Wonders

    Im probably leaving out a bunch. But besides the Bulls drafting theirs I dont see many others.
    IMO NBA is starting to look more and more like Baseball where there going to be a handful of teams that are legitimate contenders then everyone else will be fighting for the scraps of attention.
    Maybe they can just play 3-on-3 half court games. Roster sizes can be reduced to 6. The stars and team owners will split the difference on the money saved. It's a win/win.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25