Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Maybe they can just play 3-on-3 half court games. Roster sizes can be reduced to 6. The stars and team owners will split the difference on the money saved. It's a win/win.
    BOOM-shackalacka!

2. Turn Off Ads?

As predicted: Heat @ Lakers December 25, 2010

And Shaq is close to sign a deal with Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    As predicted: Heat @ Lakers December 25, 2010

And Shaq is close to sign a deal with Celtics.
    The Celtics will certainly be up there as oldest team in the NBA next year even with Rondo and Big Baby.

I like the fit though of Shaq wearing the green after being on the other side of the rivalry for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Since this has kind of turned into an nba thread. The pacers picked up collison and posey, but had to trade troy Murphy. It was a 4 team deal, but I'm on my phone, so I don't really want to go through it all. I'm pretty happy, love collison, don't like giving up Murph, but I think this was a good deal.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Amazing trade for the Pacers.

Like you said, we picked up Collison and Posey for Troy Murphy.

New Orleans
    In: Trevor Ariza
    Out: Darren Collison, James Posey

Houston
    In: Courtney Lee
    Out: Trevor Ariza

New Jersey
    In: Troy Murphy
    Out: Courtney Lee

I am hoping we can spin Ford and/or Dunleavy for a PF now. But, I have a feeling we will stand pat and give McRoberts/Hansborough significant minutes. Hopefully Hibbert can stay out of foul trouble and Foster can stay healthy, otherwise we will be hurting for bigs.

Collison is the best PG the Pacers have had since Mark Jackson. I think you're right we do need another big man. I'm fine with Hansborough getting significant minutes, but I don't think McRoberts is going to be a quality NBA guy. Maybe they are hoping Sol Jones turns into something, but I don't know. They have offered to buy out TJ Ford but he refused, maybe he's going to be ok being Collison's back up.

I'm pretty pumped that we'll have a quality PG that can run the show and is an excellent shooter as well.

What was New Orleans thinking. I would have thought Collison would bring back more than that.

I have not been this happy as a Pacer fan in a long time. We may be able to sneak into the playoffs, but then get handled by the Heat in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What was New Orleans thinking. I would have thought Collison would bring back more than that.
    Agreed. Moving Collison was probably a good idea to try and improve the team for Paul, but I would think you could get another piece besides Ariza.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

As far as another Pacer big man, don't count this guy out.

The Pacers want to keep second-round draft pick Magnum Rolle, but they'll need to clear a roster spot now that they've reached the maximum 15 guaranteed deals.

"He's a big part of what we're trying to do here," team president Larry Bird said. "It's a numbers game. We'll see what happens the next couple months ... He's very active, shoots the ball from 15, 17 feet as well as anyone on our team." Indy is trying to dump T.J. Ford's contract, which could eventually be Rolle's ticket to ride.
    Source: IndyStar.com

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    BOOM-shackalacka!

I miss this game so much.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post
    I miss this game so much.
    It's coming back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Collison is the best PG the Pacers have had since Mark Jackson. I think you're right we do need another big man. I'm fine with Hansborough getting significant minutes, but I don't think McRoberts is going to be a quality NBA guy. Maybe they are hoping Sol Jones turns into something, but I don't know. They have offered to buy out TJ Ford but he refused, maybe he's going to be ok being Collison's back up.

I'm pretty pumped that we'll have a quality PG that can run the show and is an excellent shooter as well.
    I don't think Ford will be the back up though. Price out played him towards the end of the season, I think he'll do it again. Also, Stephenson looked good in the summer league at point... I think they'll try to get him a few minutes here and there for development purposes.

Turn Off Ads?