Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love Charles Barkley straight forwardness.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I love Charles Barkley straight forwardness.
    I love Charles as well but he is always looking for ways to keep himself relevant. This seems like a nice way to do that. Charles understands that the younger NBA audience doesn't know/remember him as a player, so he needs to keep his name out there as much as possible.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I don't think Ford will be the back up though. Price out played him towards the end of the season, I think he'll do it again. Also, Stephenson looked good in the summer league at point... I think they'll try to get him a few minutes here and there for development purposes.
    Price did have knee surgery this summer. He may not be fully healthy by the time the season starts. Stephenson should get minutes at both the 1 and the 2, he is extremely talented and looked great this summer.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Top 10 signs that the Heat are being overhyped

10) The best regular season team in history really should do better than Carlos Arroyo and Mario Chalmers at the point

9) It's hard to see how Erik Spoelstra will keep them motivated, playing defense, or sacrificing numbers

8) When your best shot blockers are your small forward and shooting guard, you might not do too well against teams with talented bigs

7) In two of the last four years, Dwayne Wade played 51 games, and in general, guys do not get less injury-prone as they get older

6) One suspects that LeBron James might be just a little bit bored of having the best regular-season record

5) In the last four years, Chris Bosh missed 45 games

4) One suspects that their opponents will be just a wee bit up for their games

3) The best regular season team in history really should do better than Joel Anthony, Jamaal Magloire and Dexter Pittman at center

Uh, what about "Z"?

2) As good as Mike Miller might be, and as many open looks as he's going to get, it's not as if he's ever been on a team that's won a damn thing

1) Even if they are all that and a bag of chips, they'll still coast for the last 2-3 months, since the winning playoff teams now all take off for the last 2-3 months
    http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/ar...n_2011/3042273
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 08-13-2010 at 07:13 PM.

They wont approach the Bulls 72 wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    10) The best regular season team in history really should do better than Carlos Arroyo and Mario Chalmers at the point

- Arroyo/Chalmers > Fisher/Farmar. The Lakers managed.

9) It's hard to see how Erik Spoelstra will keep them motivated, playing defense, or sacrificing numbers

- Spoelstra is actually a GREAT defensive coach.

8) When your best shot blockers are your small forward and shooting guard, you might not do too well against teams with talented bigs

- Haslem and Anthony both play solid D.

7) In two of the last four years, Dwayne Wade played 51 games, and in general, guys do not get less injury-prone as they get older

- Wade won't have as much pressure on him to make things happen on the court.

6) One suspects that LeBron James might be just a little bit bored of having the best regular-season record

- ?

5) In the last four years, Chris Bosh missed 45 games

- lol.

4) One suspects that their opponents will be just a wee bit up for their games

- Probably. But this happens to just about every playoff team.

3) The best regular season team in history really should do better than Joel Anthony, Jamaal Magloire and Dexter Pittman at center

- +Z. When you have superstars at the other positions, you don't need all stars at the other positions. See Kendrick Perkins.

2) As good as Mike Miller might be, and as many open looks as he's going to get, it's not as if he's ever been on a team that's won a damn thing

- But has he ever been a 6th man / 4th option?

1) Even if they are all that and a bag of chips, they'll still coast for the last 2-3 months, since the winning playoff teams now all take off for the last 2-3 months

- Good point.

That list is a bit of a stretch, IMO. The Bulls had Luc Longley and James Edwards at center. Just for starters.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The 72 wins thing is entirely based on motivation. If LeBron/Wade want to take out their years of frustration against the league for 82 games, they can do it. I dont see that happening in today's NBA, but I could be wrong.

The thing I'm most excited about is that this is the first "historically good" NBA team since the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. The Celtics/Spurs/Lakers (Kobe/Gasol) have been very good teams, but not all-timers. But, the Heat have a chance to be just that. Every Heat game will be an event, which is cool.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Put me in the camp that thinks the Heat are going to breeze through the NBA over the next few years. I don't think 72 wins is out of the question at all.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Put me in the camp that thinks the Heat are going to breeze through the NBA over the next few years. I don't think 72 wins is out of the question at all.
    Uhhh, did you not see that the Pacers just picked up Darren Collison?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Uhhh, did you not see that the Pacers just picked up Darren Collison?
    They may not be done.

Pacers management has told Danny Granger to expect another trade before the regular season, and he assumes they will try to acquire a big man.

"If we see a deal we like, we're going to make it and we're not going to wait," said Pacers president Larry Bird, after they traded for Darren Collison last Wednesday. For what it's worth, Granger seems eager to get some frontcourt help -- "I can play (power forward) but I'm not a true (power forward). So we're definitely going to have to add another big, and I think that will be our main focus."

Source: Fanhouse.com

Hopefully we don't over pay to fill a need. It's not like we have a chance at winning a championship anyway. I think I'd be OK with allowing Hansborough some time to develop. If he's healthy that is. We could always sign Al Horford, Carl Landry, etc. in the off season.

I think I would prefer we pick up a stop gap big for now and see how that goes. Then look to acquire a big via draft or FA.... instead of trading for someone with a huge contract or sending away draft picks.

YouTube - LeBron "Rise"

And here we go...

Turn Off Ads?