Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Heat are going to dominate this regular season, but I don't see them beating Boston in a 7 game series.

Wade and Bosh just had the worst games of their lives and they were down by 3 with a minute left on the road at Boston. This team is going to be very, very good. Anybody saying otherwise is just in denial.
    Exactly. SO why should we believe they're going to have a tough time with Boston in a 7 game series? Your post seems to contradict itself. Boston may play them tough in a 7 game series, but it's October 26th.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Miami doesn't have the people to space the floor on offense (its why he and Wade were a poor fit to play together) and lack guys willing to do the dirty work at both ends of the floor. Both Lebron and Wade are slashers who need lanes to drive into to, to create those lanes you need shooters who can make the defenders make a choice between taking away the the drive or leaving open a good shooter.

IMO they would have been better off with Boozer (a great back to the basket player) instead of Bosh.

Udonis Haslem was one of the one important signings in the NBA this offseason. Everyone severely underestimates him because he DOES do the dirty work for the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Exactly. SO why should we believe they're going to have a tough time with Boston in a 7 game series? Your post seems to contradict itself. Boston may play them tough in a 7 game series, but it's October 26th.
    It is condradictory, and I tried to explain it better in my next post, but to be honest, I'm back and forth on this issue. I think they're going to dominate the average to weak teams, and have a really good record, but I just don't know if they have the toughness to top that team in a 7 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Udonis Haslem was one of the one important signings in the NBA this offseason. Everyone severely underestimates him because he DOES do the dirty work for the heat.
    Haslem ia a hard worker who is seriously undersized for the post

Heat will be fine. They'll still be playing for the Championship several months from now.

That's probably the best the Celtics will look all year. The long season will beat them down tremendously. Conversely, that's probably the worst that the Heat will look all season long. You're telling me the Heat can play like absolute garbage and still come within 3 of last year's Eastern Conference Champion (who played very well). Um, yeah, I'll take that I think.

They will be fine in the low post.

Comparing this Heat squad to Bron's Cavaliers teams is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Haslem ia a hard worker who is seriously undersized for the post
    Chuck Hayes fits the definition of seriously undersized. Haslem is more like average or slightly below average.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Comparing this Heat squad to Bron's Cavaliers teams is just dumb.
    If by dumb you mean two teams that show signs of standing around and watching the star players do everything and wait for a pass to make stand-still jump shots... then yes, so very, completely dumb.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Cleveland had Mo Williams taking big shots when LBJ was double-teamed. Wade, Bosh, and Mike Miller will be taking those shots this year. It's a very different team than that Cleveland team.
    I agree that Mike Miller is going to be a nice option when he gets into the lineup. But I also agree with Flyer that the Cavs were content to spread out and give LeBron the room to operate. The Heat are going to have to be willing to do that to be successful. Bosh, Wade and LeBron were getting in the way of one another last night. I don't suspect they will do that all year, but they have to be able to figure out how to work well together.

I honestly don't think the Heat could have played worst, at least not in that first half. And they were trailing by 3 with a minute to play. Lebron had 8 turnovers, Wade had 6.... and they almost won! Bosh was probably the worst player on the floor last night as well.

I think the Heat are going to be somewhat similar to our Reds. The average to mediocre teams have NO SHOT against this team. However, these guys may struggle a bit with the Lakers/Celtics, and maybe even the Spurs/Thunder/Magic, but there's just no way teams like Golden State, Sacramento, Chicago, etc. can stay on the floor with them. Celtics are the most defensively sound team in the NBA, and they couldn't stay in front of them once they got hot. That's my opinion.

I don't expect them to win the title this year. The Lakers matchup too well with them. However, if someone else somehow comes out of the West, they may have a shot.
    They played poorly, but they also trailed almost from start to finish. So while they did make a run to get close, there were very few moments the entire game they looked like they could win. I do agree because of the talent, there will be games they look like world-beaters. And they're a shoe-in for 60 wins.

All I'm saying though is that these issues are ones that are a big deal in the postseason. And for me, it's the postseason that separates the contenders from the pretenders. The big three might be good enough to carry them through the playoffs. I won't discount the possibility. I just think the probability is that will be a little too much to ask given their lack of interior presence and having so few quality options off the bench.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Cleveland had Mo Williams taking big shots when LBJ was double-teamed. Wade, Bosh, and Mike Miller will be taking those shots this year. It's a very different team than that Cleveland team.
    Um, yeah. Not to mention people are going off of seven years of data in Cleveland versus ONE GAME in Miami. Trying to draw comparisons or state that the Miami offense we saw last night is going to be what you see when 'everything's workin' is just dumb.

They will get Bosh more involved down low and will use Jones and Miller to force space by hitting open 3s. Wade is an excellent mid-range jump shooter as well.
    Last edited by WMR; 10-27-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Turn Off Ads?