Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 654

Thread: The Lebron saga

  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,189

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Just a prediction. LeBron will not be going to these two cities Chicago and Miami.

    Why?

    Chicago= He is not going to go to the city where regardless of what he does will NEVER come close to Jordan and forever being in Jordan's shadow.

    Miami=He is not going somewhere to be someone else's caddy. Miami would be Wade's city. Wade's already got his ring so it wont be like Boston.

    I still say the only way LeBron leaves Cleveland is if the Nets new owner promises LeBron the world... in marketing sponserships.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #122
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Apparently Amare broke off contract talks with Phoenix. Got a better offer. He may be the first "big fish" to switch teams.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  4. #123
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,379

    Re: The Lebron saga

    The Knicks are talking about a buttload of money to Lebron.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

    Pay attention to the open sky

  5. #124
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Buzz that Amare is going to the Knicks. Looking at the numbers, not sure that he's a huge improvement over Lee. He's better defensively ... more blocked shots. Lee's a better passer and has drastically improved every year. He's also a better bet to stay healthy, and would come at a much lower cost.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  6. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: The Lebron saga

    I think NY is going to S&T Lee for Amare.

  7. #126
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,524

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I think NY is going to S&T Lee for Amare.
    That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

    On a related note, the Suns are ponying up 30 million to keep Channing Frye.

    Channing Frye?

  8. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: The Lebron saga

    They picked up Hakim Warrick too, to help replace Amare. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Nash turn him into a great player.

    Frye played OK last year, but yeah, 30 mil is a bit much.

  9. #128
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Per Adrian Wojnarowski: Apparently the Knicks and Stoudemire are close on a deal in the 5 yr. - $100 range.

    Again, not sure that Lee at 5 yrs - $50-$70M wouldn't make more sense. Frees up money for other FAs.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  10. #129
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,392

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Just a prediction. LeBron will not be going to these two cities Chicago and Miami.

    Why?

    Chicago= He is not going to go to the city where regardless of what he does will NEVER come close to Jordan and forever being in Jordan's shadow.

    Miami=He is not going somewhere to be someone else's caddy. Miami would be Wade's city. Wade's already got his ring so it wont be like Boston.

    I still say the only way LeBron leaves Cleveland is if the Nets new owner promises LeBron the world... in marketing sponserships.
    I disagree about the comparison to Jordan. If he's worried about living up to Jordan he might as well retire now because he will forever be compared to him and until he wins seven he won't be out of his shadow. Kobe is just now getting to where he can find the sunlight at 5 and be considered on his own merits.

    I do agree on the Miami thing though, he's going to want to have his own team, not someone elses.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  11. #130
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I disagree about the comparison to Jordan. If he's worried about living up to Jordan he might as well retire now because he will forever be compared to him and until he wins seven he won't be out of his shadow. Kobe is just now getting to where he can find the sunlight at 5 and be considered on his own merits.

    I do agree on the Miami thing though, he's going to want to have his own team, not someone elses.
    But, if LeBron goes to Chicago and wins a title, the headline will say "5 to go". Who wants to go through that?

    If LeBron goes to NY, he will instantly be the greatest Knick in the history of the franchise. In NY, he will be an instant legend by winning only one title. Remember, ESPN ran a documentary on the Knicks LOSING. Imagine what it would be like if they actually WON.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  12. #131
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Looks like Amar'e is going to NY. D'Antoni smiling.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  13. #132
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,481

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    But, if LeBron goes to Chicago and wins a title, the headline will say "5 to go". Who wants to go through that?

    If LeBron goes to NY, he will instantly be the greatest Knick in the history of the franchise. In NY, he will be an instant legend by winning only one title. Remember, ESPN ran a documentary on the Knicks LOSING. Imagine what it would be like if they actually WON.
    No matter where LeBron goes it'll be 5 to go. He's trying to be GOAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  14. #133
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Per Adrian Wojnarowski: Apparently the Knicks and Stoudemire are close on a deal in the 5 yr. - $100 range.

    Again, not sure that Lee at 5 yrs - $50-$70M wouldn't make more sense. Frees up money for other FAs.
    Yep. That's waaay too much money for Amare. I predict he goes all Shawn Marion when he gets away from Nash.

  15. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,189

    Re: The Lebron saga

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    No matter where LeBron goes it'll be 5 to go. He's trying to be GOAT.
    It won't be in the headlines anywhere but Chicago. Except for hot air bags like Skip Bayless and even that might be remote until James approaches Shaq (4 with LA, if he does do it all with one team).
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  16. #135
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,524

    Re: The Lebron saga

    A few interesting tidbits this morning:

    The Knicks are expected to try and pry Tony Parker away from the Spurs in order to pair him with Amar'e Stoudemire.

    A person close to both players told the New York Daily News that Parker and Stoudemire have talked about playing together in either New York or Miami.

    "It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.

    Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...#ixzz0sdNjhkuG

    Unconfirmed rumors have the Bulls sending Luol Deng to the Trail Blazers for Jerryd Bayless and Joel Przybilla.

    This would be a salary-clearing move for Chicago, who would then be able to sign two max FAs without needing to work a sign-and-trade. Even if this deal was mentioned, Chicago won't be eager to unload Deng for next to nothing unless they're fairly certain that two max FAs actually want to be signed.

    Source: CSN Bulls Insider
    Carmelo Anthony is "strongly considering declining" the Nuggets' three-year, $65 million contract offer, according to Newsday. If he does decline, the Knicks may try to pry him from Denver with a trade offer.

    The Nuggets could be forced to trade him to ensure he won't walk for nothing as a free agent, though at this point it's all speculation. Stoking the fires is the fact that Melo and his wife were both born in Brooklyn, and they recently listed their Denver-area mansion for sale.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25