Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two players coming of DL this weekend, who goes?

Two players coming of DL this weekend, who goes?

I have both Rafael Furcal, and Yunel Escobar coming off the DL this weekend. I need to make room. I have the following players with middle infield eligibility.

Not going anywhere
    Rafael Furcal
    Jason Bartlett
    Ben Zobrist
    Ty Wigginton

On the bubble
    Yunel Escobar
    Kelly Johnson
    Ryan Theriot

I also have Adam Jones rotting a hole in my bench.

Who should I dump?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Re: Two players coming of DL this weekend, who goes?

If both are occupying DL spots and you have a full roster then don't you need to get rid of somebody else (besides them) to activate them from the DL? Maybe I'm missing something
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Regardless of my question above, I would say that Escobar has the least value right now and he is who I would dump out of the players listed.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Adam Jones I still have faith will come around. If I had to pick one to dump, I think it'd be Theriot

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    If both are occupying DL spots and you have a full roster then don't you need to get rid of somebody else (besides them) to activate them from the DL? Maybe I'm missing something
    Yes, I have a full roster, plus Furcal and Escobar on the DL. I must clear two roster spots. One could come from dumping Escobar, if I choose to.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'd be tempted to let them both sit on the DL until you NEED to make another roster move. Somebody else will likely get hurt and then you will already have a player ready who you can just swap for the newly DL'd player. If that isn't an option I'd dump Theriot and Escobar

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    I'd be tempted to let them both sit on the DL until you NEED to make another roster move. Somebody else will likely get hurt and then you will already have a player ready who you can just swap for the newly DL'd player. If that isn't an option I'd dump Theriot and Escobar
    I think I agree with you on Theriot and Escobar.

In my league you can't even change your lineup until you activate eligible players on the DL, and clear a spot for them .

Is Kelly Johnson for real or is he a mirage. He has really been slumping over the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Is Kelly Johnson for real or is he a mirage. He has really been slumping over the last week.
    He's not as good as he has been this year.. but he's not as bad as he was last year. I think you can expect decent power #s & runs scored from him. Maybe a .270 average and 10-15 steals over the course of the year

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Looks like you are up to your eyeballs in infielders. Could you work a 2-for-1 trade to improve one spot on your roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Looks like you are up to your eyeballs in infielders. Could you work a 2-for-1 trade to improve one spot on your roster?
    Tried that. Checked with every team in the league since last Friday because I knew this was coming. No takers. Johnson and Theriot were on the waiver wire up until last Tuesday when I picked them up. Theriot is the only one of those two that has helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Tried that. Checked with every team in the league since last Friday because I knew this was coming. No takers. Johnson and Theriot were on the waiver wire up until last Tuesday when I picked them up. Theriot is the only one of those two that has helped me.
    Perhaps that is your answer right there.

I just pulled off a trade to help me out here.

Ben Zobrist and Kelly Johnson for Nelson Cruz.

How did I do?

I think you did just fine!

Thanks, this is my first year playing Fantasy Baseball since I was in college over a decade ago. My trade partner, had been starting Aaron Hill at 2B, and didn't have any players with multiple position eligibility.

Turn Off Ads?