Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 5-14-10 Reds vs Redbirds

Re: 5-14-10 Reds vs Redbirds

Hernandez was 3-22 against Franklin before that AB.

Nix wasnt much better 4-16.

Gotta go with nix and you gotta think about double stealing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Every time I think things like, "Dusty has to use Nix here," he does what the stupidest manager would ever do. Not one stat makes pinch hitting Cairo and Hernandez against a righty smart. So they lose with Janish and Nix on the bench. Can't wait to hear the explanation. He must be fired. Must! Inexcusable.

I guess we can take the positives; we came back, and played with the best team in the NL
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Oddity of Dusty's decision aside, I cant help but be pleased at the fight in this club game after game. They play their asses off for 9 innings, winning or losing. They never go down easy, they show a lot of passion and feelings during the games, esp guys like Gomes, Votto, Bruce. I see this as a team that stays right there all the way to the end.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by CWRed View Post
    Every time I think things like, "Dusty has to use Nix here," he does what the stupidest manager would ever do. Not one stat makes pinch hitting Cairo and Hernandez against a righty smart. So they lose with Janish and Nix on the bench. Can't wait to hear the explanation. He must be fired. Must! Inexcusable.
    I wouldnt question Hernandez hitting there so much if there wasnt an obvious chance of a GIDP. If its guy on 2nd or 3rd I'm not so mad but given that situation? You gotta go with Nix given everything else considered.

I have a feeling dusty will be saying how he didnt want to use a PH if they had to go to extras. Which I feel is also very dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyRedsFan View Post
    Oddity of Dusty's decision aside, I cant help but be pleased at the fight in this club game after game. They play their asses off for 9 innings, winning or losing. They never go down easy, they show a lot of passion and feelings during the games, esp guys like Gomes, Votto, Bruce. I see this as a team that stays right there all the way to the end.
    Yea I see a strong willed team out there. Its refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I wouldnt question Hernandez hitting there so much if there wasnt an obvious chance of a GIDP. If its guy on 2nd or 3rd I'm not so mad but given that situation? You gotta go with Nix given everything else considered.

I have a feeling dusty will be saying how he didnt want to use a PH if they had to go to extras. Which I feel is also very dumb.
    Yep. You gotta get to extras 1st, then worry about who is left and who isnt.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    Yep. You gotta get to extras 1st, then worry about who is left and who isnt.
    Exactly. I know he's going to say he used Ramon because he pinch ran for Hanigan. If he uses Nix to hit there, then he loses Hanigan, Heisey, and Nix (or Gomes if he leaves Heisey in to play.) By using Ramon, he saves one sub.

But still, given the DP threat, I can't agree with the move. The Reds are blessed with two pitchers who can give the club quality plate appearances in Micah Owings and Mike Leake. I have more confidence in either of those two than I do in Miguel Cairo. I say use Nix in the 9th, and if the game goes to extras, then you still have Ramon, Janish, Owings, and Leake should you need to pinch hit.

All of that said, hindsight is 20/20 and there's no guarantee Nix wouldn't have grounded into a pitcher's best friend, too. But still.....

Ah well - at least baseball is exciting and relevant on the Ohio River.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

Thanks to Redsfan12 I was given constant updates of the game. unfortunately we didn't pull through, but theonlyredsfan said it best in that it's nice to see a Reds ball club that has a lot of fight in them. We come back (or make an attempt to) in more than 50% of the games we're behind at some point, and that feels nice. Other years, being down by 2 runs in the 9th inning would have deflated the entire club. I NEVER feel like we're out of a game. Never.

-Matt

Rojo Johnson #99

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    I guess we can take the positives; we came back, and played with the best team in the NL
    Agreed. And with Leake pitching against a former Cy Young candidate in Wainwright on Saturday, we're going to see just how good this kid (and the team) really is.

-- The one and only --

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Va lake ah

i dont know if thats the proper way to write it out but sound it out and thats how I believe its pronounced.
    It is pronounced: Vah - like - ah

Turn Off Ads?