Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday May 14th minor league updates

Re: Friday May 14th minor league updates

Cozart was removed in the middle of the Bats game tonight. Was it just due to the blow out or was he hurt somehow?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Was at the game tonight to see Chapman and I came away scratching my head afterwards. He labored most of the game and had terrible control throughout. He also looked pretty disinterested as well, but it is my first time seeing him.

It looked like the Reds must have him working on certain areas of his game during different starts. Tonight he threw a lot of offspeed pitches and he really didn't let loose on his fastball. I kept looking at the stadium gun the highest I saw him clocked was 94 during the 2nd inning. The gun is probably off by a few mph as most stadium guns tend to be off.

Hopefully the Reds braintrust know what they are doing with this kid but after seeing him tonight he needs a lot of work before he comes up to the big club. Hopefully it was just a bad night to see him.

Alonso got a lot of work in LF and he didn't look too bad. He looks like he is still learning how to break on certain balls which will come with time. He has a pretty decent arm and hit his cutoffs each time. Votto definitely had more speed in Left though. Alonso is very plodding out there, almost Dunn like.

Valiaka looks to have lost weight, which could be a factor in his resurgance this season. His range at 2nd however isn't that great though. Left early as I have to work tomorrow so I didn't see what happened to Cozart.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

10-7 Mudcats in top of ninth.

Valiquette in to close the game for the Mudcats in the bottom of the ninth. Mudcats up 10-7.

10-9 Mudcats...2 down.

Mudcats win 10-9. They take four of five from first place Tennessee!

Sappelt just doesn't care where he is, he just keeps hitting. 4 for 5 tonight and a .353 avg with Carolina.

They may have asked Chapman to take a little off to get more pitches over. If so, it certainly didn't work.

Bring on Maloney.

Local paper spoke with Chapman a little after the game:

"My speed was off," the left-hander said through an interpreter. "I had a bad night. It could happen to any pitcher."
    Chapman was clocked at 96 mph but allowed six baserunners over the first two innings.
    Looks like maybe a problem getting loose for Chapman. Hopefully the Reds can solve this issue for him.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?