Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has there ever been a dumber manager in baseball than Dusty Baker?

Has there ever been a dumber manager in baseball than Dusty Baker?

Dusty, Dusty, Dusty. How many games are you going to cost the Reds this year?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Has there ever been a dumber manager in baseball than Dusty Baker?

He said Ramon was unavailable there. I would like to know why
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

I was thinking what is he thinking. I just did not get that move at all. However, during the post game Dusty said Laynce Nix was not available and it was either Janish or Hernandez. As far as the dumbest move, I think Ron Gardenire made the single dumbest move of the night.

Yes, Bob Boone, Dave Miley, and Jerry Naron.

Next question: Has there ever been a dumber thread than this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post

Those guys didn't have anywhere close to the talent Dusty has.

This thread didn't get dumb until your post.

You beat me to the punch.

yeah he said nix was unavailable for a mystery reason.

I would rather see janish there. Worse case scenario in that situation is a double play. and hernadez gives you the best shot at that.

watch the replay. hernandez jogs down the line. and hesitates out of the box.

Pathetic. Im definitely not a hernandez fan. hanigan all the way.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, it is called sport. sooner we learn that the better we are off.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Is it just me, or do we literally question after every single series against the Cards why we continue to pitch to Pujols?

Seriously, walk him every time. I hate that we allow him to beat us every time we play them. Ahhhhh just walk him!!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Maybe not a dumber thread, but can we question if the poster is a dumber poster?

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    Is it just me, or do we literally question after every single series against the Cards why we continue to pitch to Pujols?

Seriously, walk him every time. I hate that we allow him to beat us every time we play them. Ahhhhh just walk him!!!
    I could not agree more, when he hit the 2 run HR, all I could think to myself was how many times are they going to let this sorry re-run happen before they finally learn to stop pitching to the guy. I don't care if Matt Holliday beats them, let him try, at least you didn't lose by coming at their best hitter AGAIN. Nearly every loss this year when they've played st. louis has hinged on them challenging pujols, and pujols beating them. Also, when hernandez was sent up to hit before it happened I said this is a perfect prescription for a DP, he hits the ball hard a lot of times, and can't run at all. If you're going to send him up in the situation, can't you at least send Stubbs, and try to get men to 2nd and 3rd? Finally, I wouldve preferred to see Heisey, he was hitting the ball well the last time he was on the field, and has the capability of beating out a DP ball more than Ramon. I realize the options off the bench aren't the best, with Nix, Cairo, and Janish, but come on! Hope they come back ready to play tomorrow!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think if they walked Pujols on purpose and then pitched to Holiday successfully, it would frustrate the hell out of St. Louis. You think you've heard whining so far???????? You'd hear it to the extreme if we continue to walk Albert and pitch to Holiday, and he does nothing.

I'd love to see what happens if we did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think if they walked Pujols on purpose and then pitched to Holiday successfully, it would frustrate the hell out of St. Louis. You think you've heard whining so far???????? You'd hear it to the extreme if we continue to walk Albert and pitch to Holiday, and he does nothing.

I'd love to see what happens if we did it.
    Same here, and even if he did beat me, I'd feel smarter about losing to him as opposed to constantly getting beat by Pujols, there are some guys you just don't let beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I could not agree more, when he hit the 2 run HR, all I could think to myself was how many times are they going to let this sorry re-run happen before they finally learn to stop pitching to the guy. I don't care if Matt Holliday beats them, let him try, at least you didn't lose by coming at their best hitter AGAIN. Nearly every loss this year when they've played st. louis has hinged on them challenging pujols, and pujols beating them. Also, when hernandez was sent up to hit before it happened I said this is a perfect prescription for a DP, he hits the ball hard a lot of times, and can't run at all. If you're going to send him up in the situation, can't you at least send Stubbs, and try to get men to 2nd and 3rd? Finally, I wouldve preferred to see Heisey, he was hitting the ball well the last time he was on the field, and has the capability of beating out a DP ball more than Ramon. I realize the options off the bench aren't the best, with Nix, Cairo, and Janish, but come on! Hope they come back ready to play tomorrow!

im pretty sure there is all kinds of wrong in your post.

Manager of the year dusty pinch run for hanigan when he got the hit for heisy. (I think) And like was said before nix was unavailable. Cairo had been kicked out of the game. And stealing stubbs from 2nd to 3rd was incorrect. stubbs was on 2nd at the time of the dble play. Heisy was on first.

You're right about a lot of that, I was watching the game at applebees, and missed out on quite a bit, I assumed that those guys were on the bench. We already discussed the stubbs stolen base thing in another thread, and sending Heisey in to pinch run was a decision made in the 9th, when they knew the pinch hitter issue would be coming up, but I was wrong about nix, and cairo, didn't know cairo had been tossed, and didn't know nix was unavailable.

Turn Off Ads?