Alonso getting it done.
    Only a matter of time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Saturday May 15 Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Only a matter of time.
    Agreed.

Burke has been playing well of late. If the Reds are bound and determined to have a veteran utility guy on the team, I have to think Burke is a better choice than Cairo. Not that either is a particularly good choice.

Dayton is tied 2-2 after 13. Chase Ware threw four scoreless innings of relief, and then Donnie Joseph threw two--with six strikeouts.

Fleury drives in Gregorius to put the Dragons up 3-2 going into the bottom of the 14th, with Blair Carson on the mound.

Great Lakes scores two in the bottom of the 14th to win it. Heavens to Betsy.

LHP Lee Tabor has been placed on the seven-day disabled list with a left shoulder injury. Tabor's spot on the pitching staff has been replaced by LHP Jeremy Horst, who has been reassigned to the Mudcats from High-A Lynchburg.

Additionally, IF Mike Costanzo has been signed by the Reds as a free agent out of the Atlantic League, and will join the Mudcats tonight. Costanzo was originally a second round pick by the Philadelphia Phillies in 2005 from Coastal Carolina University, and was released this past April by the Baltimore Orioles. Costanzo had been playing with the Camden (NJ) Riversharks under the tutelage of former major leaguer Von Hayes.

These moves round out Carolina's 24-man roster. A revised roster is attached.

ADD: IF Costanzo, Mike (From Atlantic League)

ADD: LHP Horst, Jeremy (From High-A Lynchburg)

DISABLE: LHP Tabor, Lee (Left Shoulder)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/n...=.jsp&sid=t249

Oh how I'd love to see tear it up for a couple months and either turn into epic trade value or force his way into LF.

Great to see Alonso have a huge night. I would love to see him starting hitting like he's capable of and forcing his way into Cincinnati as the starting left fielder vs RHP.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Dayton is tied 2-2 after 13. Chase Ware threw four scoreless innings of relief, and then Donnie Joseph threw two--with six strikeouts.
    Wow. I'll ask it again - why is Donnie Joseph still in Dayton? He needs to be in Lynchburg, or even Carolina.

His updated 2010 stats:

18.2 IP, 9 H, 0 HR, 6 BB/35 K, 0.96 ERA

35 K's in 18.2, that's an amazing 17.3 K/9.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Wow. I'll ask it again - why is Donnie Joseph still in Dayton? He needs to be in Lynchburg, or even Carolina.

His updated 2010 stats:

18.2 IP, 9 H, 0 HR, 6 BB/35 K, 0.96 ERA

35 K's in 18.2, that's an amazing 17.3 K/9.
    Probably for the same reason that Devin "1.000 OPS" Mesoraco is.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Probably for the same reason that Devin "1.000 OPS" Mesoraco is.
    I understand the reasoning behind leaving Mesoraco in Lynchburg. He's finally playing at a level where he should be instead of being rushed like in previous years. I have no problem with leaving him in Lynchburg for another month or two. Donnie Joseph, OTOH, pitched well in Dayton last season except for his final outing of the season which skewered his numbers. He needs to be promoted now, IMO.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Donnie Joseph should've been promoted before the season even started imo. My best guess is that they're on the verge of cutting some guys in Lynchburg, and they want to give those guys more playing time to make sure they're making the right decision. The players I have in mind are Drew Bowman, Daryl Harang, Jeff Jeffords, Sean Watson, and Scott Gaffney.

I heard on the Lynchburg bradcast today that Gaffney was on DL. Don't know why

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Donnie Joseph should've been promoted before the season even started imo. My best guess is that they're on the verge of cutting some guys in Lynchburg, and they want to give those guys more playing time to make sure they're making the right decision. The players I have in mind are Drew Bowman, Daryl Harang, Jeff Jeffords, Sean Watson, and Scott Gaffney.
    I don't see Bowman going. Yet. And didn't Jeffords just come back from an injury?

Turn Off Ads?