Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Live Topic" feature just added by Boss

Re: "Live Topic" feature just added by Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    No, it shouldn't be. FWIW, it's working in tORG for me.
    Hmm... interesting. When I load a thread in the Sun Deck, I can see it continually firing the AJAX event to check for new posts. However, any thread I load in ORG does not fire any AJAX events after loading the page.

Ed
    Whenever any of our players have good seasons, we should trade them. When they have lousy seasons, we should keep them ... until they have good seasons. Then, of course, we should trade them. -osuceltic, Jan, 2007

2. Turn Off Ads?

Okay just to ask the question again, As I was trying to catch up on the game in progress on the game thread, I read the first page no problem, on the second page, I got post #50, then post #81. I realize that this is partially because post #50 was at the bottom of the page, and then it showed the two most recent posts. There are obvious advantages to it, but I wish there could be a better warning that the posts are out of order. It was frustrating for me because I like to read through a game thread to give me a feel for the game. I basically missed any excitement in the Reds getting the lead because just as Arroyo was getting himself into trouble(post #50) I see the Reds are leading 5-1 in the 5th.

Maybe I'm the only one annoyed by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Okay just to ask the question again, As I was trying to catch up on the game in progress on the game thread, I read the first page no problem, on the second page, I got post #50, then post #81. I realize that this is partially because post #50 was at the bottom of the page, and then it showed the two most recent posts. There are obvious advantages to it, but I wish there could be a better warning that the posts are out of order. It was frustrating for me because I like to read through a game thread to give me a feel for the game. I basically missed any excitement in the Reds getting the lead because just as Arroyo was getting himself into trouble(post #50) I see the Reds are leading 5-1 in the 5th.

Maybe I'm the only one annoyed by this.
    You're not the only one.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    You're not the only one.
    I'm not a big fan of this either.
    I really don't like the new posts showing up on the current page and out of order.
    I just left the game thread.. If you are on post #30 and then all the sudden post #82 shows up, it's annoying. Then when you catch up, you get to read post 82 again.

If the live updates only happened on the last page (ie no out of order posts), it would be a great feature. just my opinion.. although I can deal with it as it is.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

How are you jumping from 50 to 81? I've never had it do that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Does it for me all the time.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Let's say the thread is 4 pages long. You are on page 2. Someone adds a post that should be appended to the end of page 4. It will show up at the end of page 2 with the "live" update, so you end up seeing posts out of order.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

That's weird, it always adds it on to the end where it belongs for me.

That's weird, it always adds it on to the end where it belongs for me.

Well actually I just noticed where it is appearing and maybe this is something that could be tweaked.
    It's always at the end of whatever page I'm reading, but above the link which allows you to go to the next page. It's also not a "post" in the same sense that it has a fixed position, but rather a message showing you what has been posted since you joined the thread.

This would be fine if you could make sure it only appears below the links to move forward in the thread. This way you could choose to see what has been written most recently or you could click to continue reading through the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?