Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A Simple Question....

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

A Simple Question....

When did pitchers stop putting on the warmup jacket when they reach base? Growing up that used to be almost automatic, pitcher gets on and ballboy runs out there with the warmup jacket. I never see that anymore? Why the switch? Anyone out there know? El Nino? Global
    Warming?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Re: A Simple Question....

You'll still see pitcher's don the jacket on the cold/damp days in April, September and October, but from May till August you are hard pressed to find a pitcher that will get the jacket.

Under Armour and other less impeding sports apparel has likely played a big part in this trend considering how popular it's gotten in the last decade or so. Those brands have built their entire reputation on the whole concept of temperature regulation and what not, and modern athletes have jumped on to that bandwagon.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I want the rule that doesn't allow managers to wear suits and ties in the dugout lifted.

I still see a lot of players wearing jackets in the dugout when it's 70 degrees or more. Personally, I wouldn't even wear sleeves until it got below 60.

But yeah, the pitcher wearing a jacket on base when it's 90 out got a bit silly for a while. Seems to have died out some.

Turn Off Ads?