Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds/Brew Series - Reds/ATL series

Re: Reds/Brew Series - Reds/ATL series

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    He just had one (finally).
    In that one, he struck out 10 and walked none. It wasn't much of a bad start lol
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds have to follow good play with some bad--as has been the tendency, lo these many decades: I'll say they go 2-2 or 1-3 in this stretch. Not too fond of the pitching matchups this week.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Looks like Parra vs Cincy on Tuesday, via rotoworld.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Looks like Parra vs Cincy on Tuesday, via rotoworld.
    That helps; he's stinkum.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The Reds have to follow good play with some bad--as has been the tendency, lo these many decades: I'll say they go 2-2 or 1-3 in this stretch. Not too fond of the pitching matchups this week.
    Key to the Milwaukee series will be Reds pitchers keeping the ball inside the ballpark. If Cueto attacks the zone like he did in Pittsburgh, there could a few Reds fans with cases of whiplash.

That being the case, the weather seems to be quite similar to last week's shutout. BUT, Fielder, Hart, and Braun are just a tad bit scarier than Milledge, McCutcheon, and Doumit. Not to mention, GABP gives up GABP homeruns, especially to right field.

Gonna be tough to win 3 with Hanson/Gallardo in 2 of the 4...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Looking ahead a bit more, there's some discussion about who will DH in Cleveland.
    Suggestions include:

Nix LF, Gomes DH
    Heisey LF, Gomes DH
    Janish 3B, Rolen DH

My suggestion:

Cabrera DH, Janish SS

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Looking ahead a bit more, there's some discussion about who will DH in Cleveland.
    Suggestions include:

Nix LF, Gomes DH
    Heisey LF, Gomes DH
    Janish 3B, Rolen DH

My suggestion:

Cabrera DH, Janish SS

Heisey/Gomes is most likely.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Heisey/Gomes is most likely.
    I would think so.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Marty says Stubbs will get a day off tomorrow, meaning Heisey in CF

Reds win game 1! And this was supposed to be one of the to tough ones with Gallardo on the mound.

I've got a game thread up for today's game. Check out the lineup!

Just FYI- The lineup's been changed just a bit I think.. See more about it in the Game Thread.

Senor Votto

Swept the Brewers in the first two game series. Need to do the same against the Braves. I don't think the Braves are a very good ball club the Reds just need to overcome Hanson this series.

A sweep would be sensational, but a split wouldn't be horrible. I really wanted to sweep the Brewers to bury them as far as possible early. The Reds do have Leake going vs Hanson so a sweep is very doable.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Turn Off Ads?