Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliff Lee

Re: Cliff Lee

I would love for the Reds to get Lee because he is that good.

The Ms would be better by what the Reds could give them too.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I would love for the Reds to get Lee because he is that good.

The Ms would be better by what the Reds could give them too.
    Yup. I don't like going crazy for rentals, but Lee has 78 K's and just 5 walks. That's insane!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Peter Gammons just said on MLB Tonight that the Reds really want Cliff Lee and are a sleeper for him. He said Jack Z. would be interested in Yonder Alonso as the main piece. Gammons said he talked to a Reds official today and he told him Lee is who the Reds want.
    OBM, that is one of the sexiest bits of rumor-ing you have ever pased along.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This town would would go completely bonkers if the Reds pulled this off. Griffey-like, or more.

If these reports are true, then I think that Lee will be a Red, if they can agree on a deal. Jocketty doesn't let things like this slip unless they are serious. And his history is that when he wants a player, he usually gets him.

And Alonso being the centerpiece of the deal is fine by me.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Duran C or D? that's laughable. He's a high upside prospect signed to a 2M bonus. Oh, and he's what? 17? He's exactly the kind of talent I'd be looking to infuse into my system.
    LOL. Typical fan thinking their own prospects are more valuable than they really are. Duran is not looking like a good investment, although it's VERY early and I wouldn't come close to writing him off. But to think he has legit trade value is amazing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    If these reports are true, then I think that Lee will be a Red, if they can agree on a deal. Jocketty doesn't let things like this slip unless they are serious. And his history is that when he wants a player, he usually gets him.

And Alonso being the centerpiece of the deal is fine by me.
    I'll drive half a day to Louisville and pack his bags for him.

If the Reds traded Alonso and others for Lee, I think JoJo would need a new pair of pants.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    LOL. Typical fan thinking their own prospects are more valuable than they really are. Duran is not looking like a good investment, although it's VERY early and I wouldn't come close to writing him off. But to think he has legit trade value is amazing to say the least.
    Yep, to the world outside of the Reds FO and us at Redszone...Juan Who?

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yep, to the world outside of the Reds FO and us at Redszone...Juan Who?
    I mean, if the M's want to take Yonder Alonso and Juan Duran for Cliff Lee, count me in. However, I was just trying to point out to my good friend that there is no possible way of it ever happening. Duran's trade value is almost non-existent right now IMO. Maybe he would be a "throw-in" in a deal for Cliff Lee, but he's not the type of player you want to give away as a throw-in. But he's certainly not a "B-list" guy that could get you a return straight-up. For example, we could NEVER get a decent relief pitcher right now for Juan Duran straight up. Would never happen. So, in a blockbuster deal like one for Cliff Lee, I just don't see someone like Duran having any value.

My guess would be it would take something along the lines of Alonso, Wood, Francisco for Lee. I'd be all for it. With Harang walking, I'd go hard after Lee with something along the lines of 6 years $100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I mean, if the M's want to take Yonder Alonso and Juan Duran for Cliff Lee, count me in. However, I was just trying to point out to my good friend that there is no possible way of it ever happening. Duran's trade value is almost non-existent right now IMO. Maybe he would be a "throw-in" in a deal for Cliff Lee, but he's not the type of player you want to give away as a throw-in. But he's certainly not a "B-list" guy that could get you a return straight-up. For example, we could NEVER get a decent relief pitcher right now for Juan Duran straight up. Would never happen. So, in a blockbuster deal like one for Cliff Lee, I just don't see someone like Duran having any value.
    You're exactly right.

Twelve years ago this weekend, the Reds made a blockbuster deal trading their All-Star pitcher to a West Coast team for two blue chip prospects, one of them being a slugging 1B in AAA.

Could history repeat itself in reverse? One can only hope...
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Twelve years ago this weekend, the Reds made a blockbuster deal trading their All-Star pitcher to a West Coast team for two blue chip prospects, one of them being a slugging 1B in AAA.

Could history repeat itself in reverse? One can only hope...
    One can only hope that Alonso doesn't blossom like Konerko did, albeit later in his career. Or if he does, that Cliff Lee gives the Reds everything they expect to get if they make the deal.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

If the Reds acquire Cliff Lee then I'll go ahead start saving money to buy playoff tickets. I think he pushes the Reds over the top in the NL Central and makes them World Series contenders. Yes, I said it, and I truly believe that. Cliff Lee is that good.

Of all the prospects in the Reds minor leagues, Aroldis Chapman and Yorman Rodriguez are the two I wouldn't deal. The rest are fair game for Lee.

Turn Off Ads?