Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliff Lee

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Cliff Lee

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    In the end what Jocketty does will probably be the right thing.

He hasn't made a bad trade yet as GM of the Reds.

Some questionable signings, but got value for Griffey, Dunn,
    Encarnacion and even moved Taveras. So if he gets Lee, I'm
    Sure he will get value for the deal. I just hope hope hope Wood
    Is still a Red after the deal is made. Cause the deal is going to happen.
    Didn't he also bring IN Taveras?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I thought Krivsky did that?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I thought Krivsky did that?
    I don't think so, but I'll go back and double check.

Just checked. Yep, it was Walt. Krivsky was fired in April 2008. Willy, Lincoln, Ramon & Rhodes all brought in in December 2008.

Not all his moves were rosy. Just like Krivsky's weren't all garbage either. Both guys have their strong points.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 07-04-2010 at 10:23 AM.

It was Jocketty.

The longer the Mariners wait to trade Lee, the lower the price gets. More starts = more prospects, IMO.

The Reds can't afford to trade their best prospects for a two month rental. If he had one year left on his deal after this year, then I start talking about the A+ prospects. Some combo of Frazier, Maloney, Heisey, Francisco as the anchor of the deal that should be enough to get it done. If not, I pass.

I haven't heard in NY anything more than possibly Mejia (AA pitching prospect who's now missing time with shoulder problems) and some AA prospect. Pagan is a media-created rumor. The Mets really like what he adds to the team. The Yankees might offer Montero, who is an offensive catching prospect that is struggling defensively and might need to move to first base.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Ugh...if we are gona play that game I could say we would be getting Lee for simply a rule 5 pick.

I'd hate to trade EV, but give us a sound argument.

its not an argument, just my personal feelings on the matter. watching hamilton tear it up playing centerfield just grabs at me. i want to win now as much as anyone, but that trade still sticks with me. as someone else said we can't worry about what prospects will be where in a couple of seasons. this is our best chance to contend and we need to go for it. if volquez is a main piece than so be it.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Apparently Buster Olney's insider blog today suggested that Jack Z could be looking at all sorts of ways to deal Lee. He suggested that he could ask the Reds to make some of their 'excellent young pitching' to Milwaukee and then Jack Z could land some of his 'former' Brewers prospects in Seattle.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    if we trade volquez i will be one pi$$ed fan! it would be like giving josh hamilton away for a rental player.
    What's Volquez contributed to our being in first place? That's the argument for trading him. As to the Hamilton trade, I didn't like it either, still don't, but that's no reason to compound the mistake by packing off Wood and prospects for a Cliff Lee rental. Frankly, if I were making the call, I'd stand pat and try to win it with what we have.

Does anyone remember Juan Guzman? BJ Ryan hada nice career, but I don't lament that trade one iota.

Alonso, Wood and Sappelt for Lee. And IMO that's a good haul for the M's.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

After Lee's start today I can't see value deminishing.. I agree Alonso and Wood have to be there.. Maybe throw in Frazier or Mesaraco.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Yes but in that post I did say he has had some questionible signings. Taveras and Lincoln we the two I was commenting on. But then again he did get Hernandez for Freel and parts, Rhodes for the cheap and Gomes on the cheaper.

Are Alonso, Wood, and Mesaroco worth the difference between Lee and Volquez, which is who he'll likely replace in the rotation? (assuming Arroyo, Harang, Cueto, and Leake remain in)

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Are Alonso, Wood, and Mesaroco worth the difference between Lee and Volquez, which is who he'll likely replace in the rotation? (assuming Arroyo, Harang, Cueto, and Leake remain in)
    Volquez hasn't made a big league start this year.. Cliff Lee takes over for Leake and oddly enough are on the same schedule. Harang is to inconsistant and might get dealt for fodder if Lee is obtained.

Lee
    Cueto
    Volquez
    Arroyo
    Bailey/Harang/Leake

Walt signed some autographs before boarding the bus after the game yesterday. I may or may not have gotten a Cliff Lee chant going amongst the crowd while he was standing there. He grinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Walt signed some autographs before boarding the bus after the game yesterday. I may or may not have gotten a Cliff Lee chant going amongst the crowd while he was standing there. He grinned.
    You are my hero lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?