Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Gomes on Stubbs being plunked, ignore the John Fayls if you can

Gomes on Stubbs being plunked, ignore the John Fayls if you can

Coffey hit Drew Stubbs, the nexty batter, was a pitch.

Gomes, who has been known to mix it up on a occasion, let that slide.

“We don’t have time for that,” Gomes said. “We’re focused on winning.”
    You know its in their minds at least :O

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gomes on Stubbs being plunked, ignore the John Fayls if you can

If the Reds were scuffling along it would have been on. I remember Gomes in a couple of fights earlier in his career. He will beat the snot out of someone.

I'd probably feel like plunking someone if I had lost 7 straight too... It was so nice seeing Coffey give that homer up. It was like old times

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I'd probably feel like plunking someone if I had lost 7 straight too... It was so nice seeing Coffey give that homer up. It was like old times
    I just can't believe they let him in there so long. He was getting pounded by Reds hitters.

As C Trent pointed out, he was very efficient. He faced 9 batters and only threw 21 pitches.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I was predicting everything right last night. Had to work late, and even in filthy clothes, I stopped at Tabby's in Mason to eat and watch the game. The people around me wanted the lottery numbers after all my predictions.

1. I said Gallardo was getting up there in his pitch count and would be taken out after the 6th inning, which he survived but started to get hit.
    2. I said the Brewers bullpen is one of the worst in MLB, and the Reds would stick it to them after Gallardo left the game.
    3. When Coffey came in I said "look out, here it comes" (as did probably every other Reds fan). And the floodgates opened.
    4. When they intentially walked Hanigan to get to Gomes......I said "Jonny is going to be ticked off.......watch him jack one out"..........and he did. I also said, Gomes is one of the best pure fastball hitters and Coffey is mainly a fastball pitcher. This is a dumb move by Macha. I know Hanigan is hitting lights out too, but Gomes has more pure power and loves drilling fastballs. Plus he was due.
    5. After Gomes HR, I said the next guy is going to get plunked by Coffey.........and guess what happened.

Good win by the Reds.

Before the onslaught started the Reds tv team was going on about how Coffey is a different pitcher this year with vast improvement. Then I saw him throw those arrow straight fastballs we're so familiar with and I wondered what they were talking about.

So glad we have a real bullpen now to watch! Coffey vs. Masset made all the difference last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I was predicting everything right last night. Had to work late, and even in filthy clothes, I stopped at Tabby's in Mason to eat and watch the game. The people around me wanted the lottery numbers after all my predictions.

1. I said Gallardo was getting up there in his pitch count and would be taken out after the 6th inning, which he survived but started to get hit.
    2. I said the Brewers bullpen is one of the worst in MLB, and the Reds would stick it to them after Gallardo left the game.
    3. When Coffey came in I said "look out, here it comes" (as did probably every other Reds fan). And the floodgates opened.
    4. When they intentially walked Hanigan to get to Gomes......I said "Jonny is going to be ticked off.......watch him jack one out"..........and he did. I also said, Gomes is one of the best pure fastball hitters and Coffey is mainly a fastball pitcher. This is a dumb move by Macha. I know Hanigan is hitting lights out too, but Gomes has more pure power and loves drilling fastballs. Plus he was due.
    5. After Gomes HR, I said the next guy is going to get plunked by Coffey.........and guess what happened.

Good win by the Reds.
    Nice predictions, but I dont think you can claim #4, the announcers on the broadcast said the exact same thing, almost word for word, as Hannigan was being walked...unless you had no sound where you were at.

Nice of Gomes to let it slide that Stubbs got plunked. It seems like they should have asked Stubbs about it instead, though.

Except it was a message to Gomes "Don't stand there and watch the HR!"
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

I don't think anyone can actually comment on the Brewers walking Hannigan to pitch to Gomes, seeing as how they walked Bruce to pitch to Gomes.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

If Fielder hadn't gotten on base in the 8th and there were 2 outs with no one on base, I believe Masset would have plunked McGahee. But with a man on base, revenge can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Everyone on the MLB network said the next guy would get plunked, also (referring to Gomes' antics).

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If the Reds were scuffling along it would have been on. I remember Gomes in a couple of fights earlier in his career. He will beat the snot out of someone.
    Gomes's wife is a cousin of a good friend of mine, who comes from a Boston family with season tickets at Fenway for longer than I've been alive.

The day Jonny was set to meet the family was the day James Shields plunked Coco Crisp and Gomes rushed to Shields's defense, starting a benches-clearing brawl and getting him suspended for five games. Meanwhile, my friend's whole family is staring at the TV with their jaws on the floor. "Needless to say," he says, "We didn't meet Jonny Gomes that day." From what I hear, my friend still hasn't met Jonny, but the rest of the family has and finds him to be completely awesome.

Turn Off Ads?