Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All you naysayers still hate the Rolen trade?

All you naysayers still hate the Rolen trade?

To all the naysayers out there who hated the Rolen trade? How's that working out? We have a professional ball player who knows how to win and knows how to play the game the right way.

The Blue Jays have a underachieving former whipping boy (Edwin Encarnacion), a reliever who is marginal at best (Josh Roenicke) and a "can't miss" prospect (Zach Drysdale, er Stewart) who is still hasn't made it to the major league club.

To all of you - KISS OFF!!!!!!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: All you naysayers still hate the Rolen trade?

I never hated it. Great move. Solidifed our third base sketchy defense, brought leadership and professionalism to the team, and he can still swing the bat. Plus he gave us the close to his home discount and reworked his contract.

I love Scott Rolen.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

who hated the Rolen Trade? We sent EE right where he belonged...Canada
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

I don't know that I hated it as much as not understanding why it was done when it was done... both in terms of where Scott Rolen is in his career, and where we were in the standings. And yeah, I had high hopes for Zach Stewart, who may still prove to be a very good major league pitcher.

But as long as Rolen does what he's doing, I'm more than happy to have him.

Nothing like a good "I told you so" thread.
    And this one belongs to the Reds

Way to early to judge that trade other than what value the people had at the time of the trade, and at the time of the trade it was a bad one in my mind.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Way to early to judge that trade other than what value the people had at the time of the trade, and at the time of the trade it was a bad one in my mind.
    Are there many things that aren't true "in your mind"?

I read all the threads about Rolen being too old and feeble. Also, this board called the talk about Rolen being a good example, a veteran who has been there before and a player who plays the right way ("knows how to play the game") a bunch of junk.

You were all wrong.

Also, those chumps who said that Janish would be a much better SS than OC - what a joke OC is making out of all of you. He is hitting. He plays good defense. He also seems to be a spark plug in the dugout. I think the left side of our infield may be as sharp as it has been in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    .....He plays good defense.....
    Ok, ok, ok.....let's not get carried away here. He plays good defense WHEN A BALL IS HIT VERY CLOSE TO HIM. Janish has A LOT more range, but oCab is likely more knowledgeable/baseball-smart, but he is NOT a PHYSICALLY superior SS than Janish, not even close.

-Matt

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Ok, ok, ok.....let's not get carried away here. He plays good defense WHEN A BALL IS HIT VERY CLOSE TO HIM. Janish has A LOT more range, but oCab is likely more knowledgeable/baseball-smart, but he is NOT a PHYSICALLY superior SS than Janish, not even close.

-Matt
    He plays better defense than what anybody on here was willing to give him credit for - that's a safe statement. Can't compare him and Janish because OC can do so very much and Janish has a good glove and that's all.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

2010: OC> Janish
    I much rather see OC out their then Janish, but Janish will be good for us down the road.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

LOL, I love it. Rolen has definitely proven all the haters wrong so far. We wanted to be competitive and to say we are right now is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    He plays better defense than what anybody on here was willing to give him credit for - that's a safe statement. Can't compare him and Janish because OC can do so very much and Janish has a good glove and that's all.
    Cant argue with this.

-Matt

I hated Encarnacion and have loved every minute of the Scott Rolen era. Just for the sole fact that E-5 is gone.

The writing was on the wall with double E. It was a necessary trade that was fairly low risk...

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    To all the naysayers out there who hated the Rolen trade? How's that working out? We have a professional ball player who knows how to win and knows how to play the game the right way.

The Blue Jays have a underachieving former whipping boy (Edwin Encarnacion), a reliever who is marginal at best (Josh Roenicke) and a "can't miss" prospect (Zach Drysdale, er Stewart) who is still hasn't made it to the major league club.

To all of you - KISS OFF!!!!!!!!!!
    You mean naysayers like some of the people in this thread?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79707

Turn Off Ads?