Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks alot Dusty...AGAIN!

Thanks alot Dusty...AGAIN!

Why did everybody in the ball park know that it was a huge mistake to go with Danny Herrera against a right hander and Carlos Fischer...except for Dusty Baker. This is getting really old. You can't just give away games.
    Last edited by roby; 05-18-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Typo

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Re: Thanks alot Dusty...AGAIN!

He didn't - watch the whole game before jumping off the cliff on Dusty again. What a horrible person!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    He didn't - watch the whole game before jumping off the cliff on Dusty again. What a horrible person!

Just since the Reds won does not make dusty's choice a good one. The Reds are winning and they LOVE Dusty, for that and that reason alone I will stand by his side......but, and I cannot stand Dusty, but if the Reds start losing and Dustys in game choices mimick what we have seen from him these last few years, I will be all over him......the guy is great as a players guy but his choices leave you scratching your head....not to mention during interviews he is constantly throwing the wrong stats out there......But hey, if our boys like him and we are winning, then I like him.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

DRH against Fielder = good move. DRH against a hot hitting RH McGehee = puzzling decision. Hindsight is 20/20, but I'd certainly like to hear the rationale behind that when you have a well-rested Masset on the bench.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The truth of the matter is that we need an upgrade in the bullpen. I have no confidence in Lincoln. No confidence in Herrera against righties. No confidence in Fisher.

What 3 pitchers does Dusty use today? Hmmmmm.

Bring up Del Rosario and give him a shot. Or make a trade for Putz or someone else. We can't just depend on Masset, Rhodes, and a sketchy Cordero.

The Reds have now won five series in a row. Dusty makes me scratch my head at times, but you can't argue with the success this team is having. And that is the bottom line.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Ken M. made the big mistake though, letting the pitcher bat with 2 outs and runners on.. at GABP and against this team he needed to play add on.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Ken M. made the big mistake though, letting the pitcher bat with 2 outs and runners on.. at GABP and against this team he needed to play add on.
    I was hoping for a pinch-hitter just to get Estrada out of there. =)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Reds have now won five series in a row. Dusty makes me scratch my head at times, but you can't argue with the success this team is having. And that is the bottom line.
    The bottom line today was that Hoffman took the mound in the 9th, something beyond Dusty's control. (unless that was his strategy: leave DRH in to face McGehee, then bring in Fischer so the Brewers have a save situation in the 9th, thereby prompting Hoffman to enter and blow the game in favor of the Reds.)
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Many pick on Dusty when we lose. Many continue to pick on Dusty when we win. This makes no sense.

Dusty did not give away today's game. He made the call - that is what he gets paid to do. We can question, but we are not the ones who have right to proclaim the twice NL manager of the year a moron.

Not all decisions are going to be correct, but you have to respect the one who has the pressure of making them.

I have a very hard time with the way many of the people on here consider themselves to be baseball gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    The bottom line today was that Hoffman took the mound in the 9th, something beyond Dusty's control. (unless that was his strategy: leave DRH in to face McGehee, then bring in Fischer so the Brewers have a save situation in the 9th, thereby prompting Hoffman to enter and blow the game in favor of the Reds.)
    No, the bottom line is we won.

Did Dusty pitch one pitch today? Did Dusty swing a bat? No - he puts players in place to do that and its an inexact science to say the least.

Today his team won. In the standings there will not be an * explaining that the Reds didn't really win - it was a horrible outing buy the all time saves leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    No, the bottom line is we won.

Did Dusty pitch one pitch today? Did Dusty swing a bat? No - he puts players in place to do that and its an inexact science to say the least.

Today his team won. In the standings there will not be an * explaining that the Reds didn't really win - it was a horrible outing buy the all time saves leader.
    Lark: How blind can you be? Of course we won and that's great! It makes everything alright. BUT we won in spite of Dusty's decisions. I made my post before the game was over. At that point Baker pretty much gave the game away. Herrera is a loogy...nothing more, nothing less. I love him against left handed hitters. But, you know as well as I do that he cannot get righty's out. Look at his stat line. Then you bring in Carlos Fischer who has been terrible all year. Until he gets better, he should only pitch in blow outs or in the minors. The Reds bullpen is extremely rested and there is just no reason not to go with Rhoades, Masset and even Owings. The Reds are in a pennant race and Dusty needs to start mananging like it! Incidently, my post was not hindsight. The ones who said, "We won, that's the bottom line are talking from hindsight." If Reds fans keep accepting mediocroty, that's is all they will get.

On a better note...what a great team. They never quit battling and they do not give up! Love the Reds!

Agree with Roby. I would rather not tempt fate with too many 4-2 deficits going into the 9th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    Lark: How blind can you be? Of course we won and that's great! It makes everything alright. BUT we won in spite of Dusty's decisions. I made my post before the game was over. At that point Baker pretty much gave the game away. Herrera is a loogy...nothing more, nothing less. I love him against left handed hitters. But, you know as well as I do that he cannot get righty's out. Look at his stat line. Then you bring in Carlos Fischer who has been terrible all year. Until he gets better, he should only pitch in blow outs or in the minors. The Reds bullpen is extremely rested and there is just no reason not to go with Rhoades, Masset and even Owings. The Reds are in a pennant race and Dusty needs to start mananging like it! Incidently, my post was not hindsight. The ones who said, "We won, that's the bottom line are talking from hindsight." If Reds fans keep accepting mediocroty, that's is all they will get.

On a better note...what a great team. They never quit battling and they do not give up! Love the Reds!
    Not blind - I've got 20/15 vision. I think we should give Dusty more credit than we do - bottom line. He is not my favorite. He would not have been my choice at all, but he is the manager of my favorite team, so I will do all I can to root for him as well.

Thread is stupid: we won. It's time to stop SOLELY relying on Rhodes/Masset/Cordero. At some point everyone has to work, and Dusty understands that.

Everyone STOP with the Dusty sucks threads...we're 7 over and in first.

Turn Off Ads?