Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would it take to get Hanley Ramirez???

What would it take to get Hanley Ramirez???

His stock is down right now. The managers wants his head. What could we offer and get him...

I think he completes the infield and the lineup. Adds a potential GG and a + bat to the lineup.

I say Wood, Orlando, Alonso...

Would you pull the trigger if it was you???

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What would it take to get Hanley Ramirez???

In a New York Minute...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

wasnt thier an issue with him and uggla last year? Hes a phenominal player but he seems like a headache. isnt his attitude and work ethic a question every year?

Wood, Alonso, Francisco, Frazier, Cabrera

its gunna take young stars that can play now along with prospects......they would be asking for guys like Bruce, Cueto, Bailey, ect

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    wasnt thier an issue with him and uggla last year? Hes a phenominal player but he seems like a headache. isnt his attitude and work ethic a question every year?
    He's similar to B Phil in that his hustle and effort are questioned on a regular basis. But boy can he hit the ball.

In a word: everything

I'd be all over attempting to get him if it was possible by trading prospects like Alonso, or even Chapman. He's locked in at a very affordable long term deal considering his ability and what he brings, and I think he could add a real jolt along with votto in this offense.

I dunno... I think I like the fact that the biggest names on our team right now are Votto and probably Rolen... two guys that appear to be excellent role models. If a "bigger" talent comes in with a different attitude, no matter how much talent he has, I get nervous.

I know Baseball is largely about individual achievement, but I believe that have "team first" guys being the leaders has gotta help bring out more from the team as a whole.

When a talented head case comes in, I think the chance of success increases if cannot become the face of the clubhouse. I think the Arod Yankees situation is a useful example. Jeter is the man in that clubhouse (I was just there and the folks told me Jeter more fan mail than the rest o fhte team combined and its not even close). They can bring in an Arod, because even when Jeter slumps, it is still his team.

I imagine if Votto and/or Rolen are slumping and Hanley is cruising, suddenly it will be his opinion that seems to be leading the team on issues and I think that wil cost us. I was a great fan of Griffey and always will be, but his inability to bring out greatness in his teammates held him back.

I know I am not in the clubhouse and this is supposition, but it sure looks like Rolen is bringing out a higher team perfomance that exceeds the benefit of just his playing ability... the famous "intangibles."

I dont wanna risk losing that... not even for Hanley Ramierez. I think it would be like adding Griffey to the 1999 team... again, I love Griffey... but that did not create much in the way of team success.

Bruce

Resident PED Expert

Cabrera, Alonso, Wood, Yorman, Cozart, Heisey and one or two more pick'em prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Bruce
    You're nuts. No way do I give up Bruce for Ramirez.

Alonso, Heisey, Frazier, Francisco, Dorn, 3-4 pitchers not on the ML roster not named Chapman. You deal from your surplus, which is young pitching and 1B/3B/LF prospects.

But not Bruce, Votto, or even Stubbs. We keep our young core, and add to it the shortstop for the next 5 years, and we start talking about collecting pennants.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

I don't want him for any price.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I don't want him for any price.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Bruce
    It would start there. That is why it isn't going to happen.

Turn Off Ads?