Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Enerio Del Rosario versus Carlos Fisher

Enerio Del Rosario versus Carlos Fisher

Which player should be getting more time in the Majors in 2010?

Would be interested to hear the various opinions on this.

Myself, I think Fisher needs to go through the ups and downs a young pitcher goes through in the Majors in order for him to become the Relief pitcher I think he can be for the REDS. While he may not be that great this season, the batters faced have to be done, or he'll never get to learn at this level. I'm a believer of crawling before you can walk and walking before you can run.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Enerio Del Rosario versus Carlos Fisher

Maybe Del Rosario might get a call sooner than later after the implosion Thursday.

Re: Enerio Del Rosario versus Carlos Fisher

I'd like to see the Reds call-up a long reliever to replace Fisher at this point. I think Fisher will be decent, but he needs to go down and get on some type of regular IP schedule. I'd send Fisher down and cut Lincoln loose. I'd add a couple of long relievers with one being a lefty (Maloney and Lecure ??) and then move Owings into the late innings. Owings and Herrera need to be used more. Herrera should be used to get that one lefty out so that Rhodes can be used for more full-inning situations. Owings should eat into some of Masset's innings to keep them both fresher and effective. It would also make Rhodes and Masset available to close when Cordero just shouldn't be out there. A lefty who can go multiple innings and to turn line-ups around when the starter has to leave in the 5th or 6th would probably give the pen a better chance to succeed. That last spot could be rotated among Lecure, Fisher, Ondrusek, Del Rosario, etc to keep them all pitching regularly. If one of those guys doesn't pitch for a week, send him down to get some work and call-up another one.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Turn Off Ads?