Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye First Place......thanks Dusty

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Bye Bye First Place......thanks Dusty

It was fun while it lasted.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RotoHester

Re: Bye Bye First Place......thanks Dusty

Mark this date down in your calendar. After winning so many games late, I'm afraid losing back to back in the bottom of the 9th - especially one in this fashion - could be the beginning of the end for this exciting ball club.

How does a team go 10+ games w/o an error, then have a day like today?

It was a wild ride while it lasted.

I'm glad Dusty's wisdom kicked in today and took Arthur out the guy gets lefties out Big Time

Did anyone see B Phil walking off the field? The one guy that is always jovial and upbeat looked like he wanted to throw up. He looked so disheartened and upset.

They need to sweep the Indians this weekend or this could be like last year after Weathers gave up the grand slam to Pujols

The way this club responds to todays loss could tell you a lot. Hopefully they come out with a vengance like the did after the 14-7 loss to the Cubs. The game today was the toughest loss you could've imagined and couple that with yesterdays loss it looks even worse. I suspect that one of the veterans or even Dusty will have a talk with the team about the errors. This game should've been put away easily. Can't let up on a team that is down which is what appears to have happened today. I know there are a lot of people ready to jump on Dusty, but the game should've never gotten to that point. 4 errors. Just inexcusable. The one on Cairo cost the team a very likely double play that would've completely changed the game.

Anyway you look at it, this one hurts badly. Hopefully it is a learning experience and luckily it only goes for only one loss on the record at the end of the year.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 05-20-2010 at 04:24 PM.

We will see first again. The schedule favors us. Just breathe everyone

This season will go one way or the other after today. Still got alot of optimism about this team. Walt and co. really got to get the chaff known as Lincoln and Cairo off this team and pronto.

Still cant shake the visions of Mother's Day Massacre right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14 View Post
    This season will go one way or the other after today. Still got alot of optimism about this team. Walt and co. really got to get the chaff known as Lincoln and Cairo off this team and pronto.

Still cant shake the visions of Mother's Day Massacre right now.

Lincoln has been quite effective honestly. He has all but earned his place on the team and today doesn't change that. The only problem with him today is that he was left in for a third inning and for too long in that inning to boot. No way should he be faulted for that. His ERA will take a whacking, but I really don't see a reason to cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    Lincoln has been quite effective honestly. He has all but earned his place on the team and today doesn't change that. The only problem with him today is that he was left in for a third inning and for too long in that inning to boot. No way should he be faulted for that. His ERA will take a whacking, but I really don't see a reason to cut him.
    Today Mike Lincoln was closer to being Mike Lincoln than he has all year. He is what he is. Not very good. Not to say today is his fault, you make 4 (should have been 5) errors you don't deserve to win.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    Agreed. I never got the Lincoln hatred.

The Scrivener

Lincoln did nothing wrong... he shouldn't have been in the game past the first hit in the ninth inning to begin with.

Cairo has to go. Dusty has to start, you know, managing the game. That was awful.
    2010 Attendance Record: 1-1

Manager definitely deserves to be fired.

thank god our next 10 games are against losing teams. if our next 10 were aginst the phillies cards and giants i would be horrified at were the season would be going.

Moves have to be made after a loss like this, heads need to roll.

Turn Off Ads?