Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Arthur Rhodes Appreciation Thread..

Arthur Rhodes Appreciation Thread..

Lost in all the mess of the 9th inning, I just wanted to post about what a stud Arthur is, and has been for this team since they've brought him in. Before they blew the game he came in with the bases loaded and K'd Heyward, taking his ERA below a 0.60, and this isn't a small sample size, because he was automatic last year. When he comes in, it's curtains for the other team. He should've finished off the 9th, but thats all in the past, just wanted to give Arthur some props for the work he did before it was blown, along with his work last night in the 8th after a leadoff double. It makes me curious what they do with him in the offseason considering his age, I wouldn't mind a deal that brings him back next season though.
    Last edited by mroby85; 05-20-2010 at 05:53 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arthur Rhodes Appreciation Thread..

Arthur's the man. I'm not advocating making him the closer for the rest of the season as a 40 year old pitcher, but he should have closed it out today.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Lost in all the mess of the 9th inning, I just wanted to post about what a stud Arthur is, and has been for this team since they've brought him in. Before they blew the game he came in with the bases loaded and K'd Heyward, taking his ERA below a 0.60, and this isn't a small sample size, because he was automatic last year. When he comes in, it's curtains for the other team. He should've finished off the 9th, but thats all in the past, just wanted to give Arthur some props for the work he did before it was blown, along with his work last night in the 8th after a leadoff double. It makes me curious what they do with him in the offseason considering his age, I wouldn't mind a deal that brings him back next season though.
    1000 times agree

Best setup guy going in baseball right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Best setup guy going in baseball right now.
    He should be on the allstar team for sure. Nice job this year and last. I thought I would hop over to the positive thread(s) first. How many Fire Sale threads are there. :
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Rojo Johnson #99

You really have to think that Dusty will use him for more than just lefty-lefty match ups. Masset has been less consistent than Rhodes in the 8th inning. Arthur is a veteran and he pitches like one.

Great signing by Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Great signing by Walt.
    Kudos to Walt, Rhodes was coming off a pretty average year where he was great against lefties and bad against righties. Now he is just dominating everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Good call Mroby, Rhodes has been a steal!!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Big ups to Arthur Lee. I'm a big fan
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

Ole' Arthur has been nails this year and last. A great signing, and let's hope he keeps it up.

only reliever i ever have faith in

I agree. When it comes to relievers, Arthur is top-of-the-line!

Arthur is the man. Enough Said
    Proud To Be An American But Even Prouder To Be A Reds Fan!

Turn Off Ads?