Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball Leagues: Pick your game

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Originally posted by Hollcat
    Sorry Empty Reds Fan. I'm an NL only player. Having to keep on top of the AL is like a job whereas keeping up with the NL is something I do anyway.
    Hollcat, do you want into my league. It's looking like it's going to be NL only. Draft is Wednesday at 6:55 eastern.
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Just a thought for any leagues who really have a problem coordinating a time for everyone to make a live draft. I once played in a league where we drafted over a period of several weeks. The number one pick is made and sent via e-mail to everyone in the league. Then the number two pick can be made and sent. From there it just continues. At times you will hit a slowdown where the next person to pick doesn't check the e-mail for a little while but with plenty of time before the season starts it wouldn't be a big deal. Sometimes there would be several picks made in one day and others there might be a day delay. As you get closer to the season you can guage if the draft is going to be completed on time and start making arrangements for everyone to get online at some point to finish up whatever rounds you need to finish. With this kind of draft you have time to think over your next pick without everyone asking if you are still there or worrying about your connection failing.
    Another advantage to this is you are not tied to the computer for three, four, five hours at once, all you have to do is check your e-mail a little more frequently and keep up with who has been taken and how many picks until your turn.
    Last edited by Hollcat; 02-20-2003 at 02:34 PM.

Hollcat: I've had terrible experiences with those leagues. Someone goes out of town or doesn't check his/her email and then everyone has to wait for a whole day. That was the case with sandbox.

If people can't be present for this live draft, they have the option of pre-ranking.
    Stick to your guns.

Yeah, I've usually experienced more headaches coordinating a slow draft vs. a live draft. Pre-ranking is a fairly good cure for those not at the draft.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Chili put me in your league. Just so happens that next Wednesday is the only weeknight in the next three weeks that I can make a live draft. Is this on yahoo? where are we doing the live draft? redszone chat?
    My e-mail is Hollcat@yahoo.com

Originally posted by Hollcat
    Chili put me in your league. Just so happens that next Wednesday is the only weeknight in the next three weeks that I can make a live draft. Is this on yahoo? where are we doing the live draft? redszone chat?
    My e-mail is Hollcat@yahoo.com
    It's on yahoo. I will email you via the league's invite feature. Thansk for joining. We're now up to three! Woo-hoo.
    Stick to your guns.

Chili,
    Sign me up brutha..

Raisor1973@aol.com

I'll probably have to pre-rank my team, Phil goes to bed early

Originally posted by Raisor
    Chili,
    Sign me up brutha..

Raisor1973@aol.com

I'll probably have to pre-rank my team, Phil goes to bed early
    Cool. Glad to have you in. The draft starts at 6:55pm, how early do you go to bed? Are you saying you might miss the end or the whole thing?
    Stick to your guns.

Originally posted by cincinnati chili
    Cool. Glad to have you in. The draft starts at 6:55pm, how early do you go to bed? Are you saying you might miss the end or the whole thing?
    I'm usually in bed by 7pm. Have to be up for work at 230am.

PSR

I formed a league too

I just formed a league over at yahoo, default settings for yahoo leagues, h2h, and the draft is going to be at 1:25 on monday the 24th. Anyone is welcome to join.

League ID#: 23781
    Password: yahoo
    "Hindsight is 20/20"

8 members now.... need 4 more

I'm up to four, and we're going to stick to NL only. We'll need at least four more and can take more.
    Stick to your guns.

I also have 4...hmmm....ERF, I'll set things up in a bit...just got done filing our taxes

Guys, I had to run to for some unexpected medical tests today and when I got home, I discovered things had filled up pretty quickly. The only Evening Draft that was still open was Friday, March 14th. I feel really bad about this and am really sorry. I've went ahead and set up the league, those of you still interested, let me know.

Ugh, that time filled up before I could complete things. Best I could do was February 27, 11:00 PST (2:00 PM EST). I'm really sorry about this guys.

Turn Off Ads?