Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redszone League #3

Redszone League #3

Everyone.

Larkin Fan's roto league (94797) is going well, 9 people signed in last time I checked. On the other hand, my league is failing miserably. The league ID is 94562 and the password is 123. So far only myself and Sabo Fan are signed up. This is a 10 team roto league in Yahoo, with a live draft on Tuesday, March 4th at 5:10 EST. We desperately need members for this league. If we can even get 8 or so that would be great. If that is the max number of owners we can get I would switch to an AL or NL format instead of all of baseball at others suggestion. Might be more fun and challenging that way. Please sign up if you are interested, or post here if you have any questions. I made this a seperate post from the big "fantasy" thread so everyone would see it without having to "run across the post" in the other thread. Hope to see you in the league.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I am interested in getting in to a league or two. I could use alittle instruction on how and info on the diferent types.

Redmachine

This league is a roto league, which means that you have players that you draft onto your team that make up your individual roster. Those players compete against all teams in the league at the same time. There are categories such as runs, hits, HR, RBI, SB, etc and the same for pitchers W,L, ERA, SV, IP, etc. The system adds up your totals each day for the whole season. If you have the most HR's in the league, you would have 10 points (10 teams in the league, 1st place = 10 pts, 10th place = 1 pt). The total points for all categories are added up and that is your point total. If you have the most points, you are in first place and so on. If you are interested in this league, we'd be happy to have you. I will post the link to join.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

How does the draft work? I will be out of town that week and I would have to do the draft on my Palm(pocket Pc). So it will be a slower dial-up connection. What if I am a little late for the start of the draft?

I'm at my limit of four leagues. Otherwise, I'd join. Sorry about that, RedLeader.

Ok Redszoners #3 I am in. Is there anyone one else that needs another player I would like to get into a couple Leagues.

How difficult are these fantasy leagues in terms of time? I have been leery thus far of joining because I am really limited in terms of time between now and May and then starting again in July. If it is not too bad (less than two hours a week), then I would most definitely do one. Can someone please let me know?

RedLeader,

I may create another name and sign up in your league. Would that be okay?

Originally posted by letsgojunior
    How difficult are these fantasy leagues in terms of time? I have been leery thus far of joining because I am really limited in terms of time between now and May and then starting again in July. If it is not too bad (less than two hours a week), then I would most definitely do one. Can someone please let me know?
    The thing that takes the most time is the live draft. It takes at least an hour and a half to get that done. Then, after that, it's all a matter of how much time you want to spend on the league (i.e. trade talks, lineup changes, surfing the waiver wire, etc.) In short, you could spend less than two hours per week on it. In fact, you could set your lineup and never change it if you wanted to.

Originally posted by letsgojunior
    lgj. Like Larkin Fan said, after the draft (next Tuesday) and probably next week (trade offers flooding your e-mail) you could definately get by on 2 hours a week. The biggest thing that takes time is finding out who got hurt that week and how long they will be out. Usually that takes me about 20 minutes to find using Rotoworld.com. Then it's just a matter of figuring out who you want to pick up to replace them (if needed), and setting your lineup for the week...That can defintately be done in 2 hours on a Sunday night or early Monday morning. We'd love to have you if you are interested.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Originally posted by Larkin Fan
    RedLeader,

I may create another name and sign up in your league. Would that be okay?
    That's fine if you want to do that. We now have 4 members with "bungles" being the latest to join. If lgj signs up and you do as well that takes us to 6. Ideally, I'd like to try and get to 10 teams, but if we don't I had discussed changing it to an NL only OR AL only league, but since there are a few beginners, I thought about just leaving it for all of baseball. That should make the draft easier as you could probably get some superstars in rounds 3-4, and won't have to worry about drafting Joe Thurston with your last pick.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

LGJ - From my perspective, it can take as long or as little time as you want. I think Creek went weeks last year without looking at her team. I fiddled with mine whenever I ate lunch at my desk. ( O.K. - I tinkered with my lineups more than Bob Boone ...... but I won anyway.)

It isn't hard. I probably don't trade as much as people would like. I tend to like to rebuild mine from whatever's left. I have anxiety over giving up someone good. I think I lost Junior Spivey to Icehole last year, and kicked myself for it.

I'd say go for it, get on a league with people you think will be fun for the first time. Neo got us started a couple years ago. He was wonderfully nice and patient when we asked questions. He can't beat me, but don't tell him I said that. :evilgrin:

Don't let the Live Draft scare you away. I almost didn't play this year, because I didn't want to take the time for it. I pre-ranked my players and it will auto-draft for me. I'm hoping for the best. Even if my team sucks, it's fun to follow, and equally fun to heckle or cajole your league-mates throughout.
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 02-28-2003 at 12:38 PM.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Alrighty then sign me up.

Redszoners

I just checked this league and there are now 8 teams signed up. We still have the weekend and Monday to pick up the final two, but thank you to all who have signed up so far. If you are still interested but have not signed onto a league, sign up for this one. It should be a lot of fun. Only 2 more spots left. The draft again, is Tuesday, March 4 at 5:10pm. Also, Larkin Fan, did you make another user ID and sign up for this league yet?
    Thanks again everyone
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

RedLeader,

Just signed up. We only need one more player.

Turn Off Ads?