Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball Leagues: Pick your game

WKU Hilltoppers

Graves

I'd bet he will remain eligible for both.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base
    --Dave Barry

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Griffeyy30vick7

If you want to join my league on yahoo?

Anyone want to join a fantasy league. Email me at jr3fb3fgp@yahoo.com
    Head to head
    1 C
    1 1B
    1 2B
    1 3B
    1 SS
    3 OF
    2 util
    4 SP
    3 RP
    1 Any pitcher
    Last edited by Griffeyy30vick7; 02-24-2003 at 03:29 PM.

Originally posted by cincinnati chili
    Thanks. But will Danny Graves continue to qualify as both a starter and a reliever, even if he stays in the rotation all year? Right now they have him eligible as both.
    Here is the official info from Yahoo......

How is position eligibility established?

At the beginning of the Fantasy Baseball season, Yahoo! Sports placed all players into positions based on information from official rosters. Some players appear in multiple position lists and are eligible to fill any of those positions.

If a position player makes 15 appearances at a new position during the season, he will become eligible to play that position in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.

Pitchers need to make three starts to become eligible as a starter, and five relief appearances to qualify as a reliever.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Thanks Eric the Red. I guess I'll put Larson back on my draft list and bump up Graves in our league since he'll get more innings than most relievers and we don't count saves.
    Stick to your guns.

Hey guys, a buddy of mine started a league on yahoo, it's a head to head league with a later draft date of March 12 at 8:40 pm. Mixed league with 12 teams and 25 man roster and some pretty neat stat settings. PM me if interested. It will be a very well followed league by all involved.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

bump for the new league
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Just drafted my first league on yahoo...there's no Larson. He's not on the lists. Here's my team:

C - Kendall
    1st - Thome
    2nd - Soriano
    SS - Furcal/Larkin
    3rd - Rolen
    OF - Dunn, Kearns, Griffey, Biggio

SP - Millwood, Clemens
    RP - Williamson, Remlinger
    P - Pineiro, Graves, Hampton
    Bench:
    Larkin, Dempster, Trachsel, Casey, Gabe White

Originally posted by Brutus_the_Red
    Just drafted my first league on yahoo...there's no Larson. He's not on the lists.
    Brutus,

Larson is on the Yahoo list as an OF. LF to be exact.

Originally posted by Brutus_the_Red
    Just drafted my first league on yahoo...there's no Larson. He's not on the lists. Here's my team:

C - Kendall
    1st - Thome
    2nd - Soriano
    SS - Furcal/Larkin
    3rd - Rolen
    OF - Dunn, Kearns, Griffey, Biggio

SP - Millwood, Clemens
    RP - Williamson, Remlinger
    P - Pineiro, Graves, Hampton
    Bench:
    Larkin, Dempster, Trachsel, Casey, Gabe White
    Not too fond of the American League, eh? LOL. At first I thought this was an AL-only team, then I saw Soriano, Clemens, and Pinero.
    Stick to your guns.

Not too fond of the American League, eh? LOL. At first I thought this was an AL-only team, then I saw Soriano, Clemens, and Pinero.
    Just unfamiliar with the AL. Soriano was a second round pick, Pinero was a 10th rounder, and Clemens was a 14th rounder!

I didn't think that was too bad!

Not meant as a put down at all. Just a funny anomaly. Could be a very good team. There's a general rule in mixed leagues that it's nice to have mostly NL pitchers and AL batters. The former obviously don't have to face a DH except in rare interleague. But that's a rule of thumb, not a requirement.
    Stick to your guns.

chili, where's the draft?

Hey Cincy Chili,

where are you holding the draft? Is it an auction style, or straight draft?

I'm interested if you have space. It'll be a rush to get ready for a draft, but, I should manage.

Redszone non traditional NL 4x4 CLOSED

My league is now full, unless someone drops out. 12 teams is plenty for an NL only league. Looking forward to the draft tomorrow night.
    Stick to your guns.

I need two more players. Please contact me ASAP, as we draft tomorrow night at 7:50 PM EST.

Correction... Larkin Fan needs ONE more player. I just registered.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?