Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball Leagues: Pick your game

Originally posted by TeamBoone
    Correction... Larkin Fan needs ONE more player. I just registered.
    We desperately need 1 more owner before tomorrow around 6pm. If our league only has 11 teams registered we will not be able to draft.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I'll join up, pm me the league id and password

I still need at least one more player for a head-to-head league, and I'd be happy to have more as long as it's an even number. The draft is Thursday at 9:25 pm. Just let me know if you're interested.

Looking forward to the draft tomorrow night.

How does it work online?

How do the picks (order) get assigned?

Is it live on screen? Like a netmeeting app, with realtime updates?

Originally posted by westofyou
    How does it work online?

How do the picks (order) get assigned?

Is it live on screen? Like a netmeeting app, with realtime updates?
    It does work pretty much like a netmeeting. You all have a little "applet" that comes up with team listings, player listings, etc. When it is your turn to pick it highlights your team and you can click on a player and then draft to draft them. It basically updates after every move that is made, i.e. pick or I think you can manually refresh as well. The draft order is randomly assigned unless the commish of the league assigns your draft position by when you entered the league, favoritism , etc.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

As Flounder once exclaimed...

"This is going to be Great!!"

If anyone on this board plays ESPN Leagues
    I have setup a keeper league. That would be
    3 years for 49.95 and you get to keep 6 players
    after this years draft. Here's the details.
    So far I am the only one in looking for people
    who would be committed to the game long term.

NAME - The National Basebal League
    Draft Type: Live
    Draft Date: Sunday, March 30. 7:00 PM (PT)
    Group Access: Public
    Activity Level: No Min
    Stat Set Type: 5x5
    Scoring Type: Roto
    Universe Type: NL

Need one more player...

As it turns out, there were 14 slots in the league I set up, instead of 12. I need one more player to sign up, so contact me ASAP as the draft is tomorrow not. MWM has volunteered to drop out if I can't find another player because he was the last to sign up, but I'd like to be able to keep him in league. Anyone that's interested, shoot me a PM and I'll get you the details.

I'll help you out...gotta go to work but will sign in around 4 pm EST 2-26-03 just pm me.

Looks like we've got the league filled up.....at 14!!! I've never played in a league with more than 10 teams, so this should be real interesting. Why do I get the feeling that in the last round my choices are going to be between Juan Castro or Ruben Rivera as my utility player Anyway good luck to all in the draft. I'm already pumped up.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Does anyone have a private, 10- team head to head or roto league on Yahoo that I could join? I'm already in a 14 team Redszone league (Larkin Fan's), and have a 10 team league at work. I want to join a 10 team league to "practice" drafting for my league at work, but will remain very active in the league as well. All public leagues that I have tried to join are setup with 12 and 14 team leagues, and I am looking for a league with a max of 10. Seems the only way to do this is to find a private league. Any help would be appreciated, and I promise to remain active in the league. Thanks.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Red Leader,

I can set up another league with the specs that you're looking for. I had a few people who wanted a roto league (I personally prefer to play that way). Just let me know and I'll see what I can work up.

The 14 team leagues are pretty cool. When you get down to the end it's challenging to figure out who to draft, because all of your players aren't the cream of the crop. In the end, it all comes down to who's capable of building the best team.

I went ahead and setup a Private League of my own

If anyone wants to join my new private league on Yahoo, here it is:

League ID#: 94562
    Password: 123
    Season: Full Season
    Draft Type: Live
    Draft Time: Tuesday, March 4 at 5:10 pm EST
    Draft Status: predraft
    Maximum Number of Teams: 10
    Maximum Players on a Team: 21
    Player Universe: All baseball
    Maximum Moves: No maximum
    Maximum Trades: No maximum
    Scoring Type: Roto League
    Waiver Time: 1 days
    Last Trade Date: Sunday, August 17
    Trade Reject Time: 2 days
    Minimum Innings: 7
    Roster Changes: Daily
    Starting Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, DL
    Statistical Categories (Batters): Runs
    Doubles
    Home Runs
    Runs Batted In
    Stolen Bases
    Walks
    Total Bases
    Batting Average
    Slugging Percentage

Statistical Categories (Pitchers): Innings Pitched
    Wins
    Complete Games
    Shutouts
    Saves
    Walks
    Strikeouts
    Wild Pitches
    Earned Run Average
    (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched

If you have NEVER played fantasy baseball and are curious as to how to play, I have NO problem with you joining this league, as long as you think you'll remain active throughout the season. This is basically my 3rd league, and will garner my 3rd most attention, which is usually an every other day type deal for me. Anyone is welcomed to join. There will be a live draft on March 4th (Tuesday @ 5:10pm EST) Thanks.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 02-26-2003 at 01:16 PM.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Larkin Fan,
    I am looking forward to the 14 team league draft tonight. Should be plenty interesting to see what happens after the first 10 rounds or so. I'm looking forward to the challenge. As you can see I set up another league. I am going to change it to roto instead of head to head, as I think that will be fun as well. Like I said, anyone is welcome to join.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yikes, I just set up another league. LOL People can join multiple leagues so keep that in mind! Let me know if anyone's interested

Turn Off Ads?