Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball Leagues: Pick your game

Lol. Pretty funny, Larkin Fan. I have March 3rd open to draft, if that's when your is. Let me know the specs of your league and I'll see if I can fit it in. You can have a max of 4 teams, and with the private league I just setup I'm only in 3. Looking for a March 3rd draft time because my wife is out of town that day
    Last edited by Red Leader; 02-26-2003 at 01:07 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Need at least 6 more members for my new league. I think I've contacted everyone that was interested in joining the leagues. If I haven't, shoot me a PM and let me know and I'll get you the info. Anyone else that wants to join, please do the same.

Hey creek and TeamCasey, are you two interested in playing again this year?

LarkinFan, thanks for the pm I am signed up for your second league. Hope we can recruit some more.

Originally posted by swaisuc
    LarkinFan, thanks for the pm I am signed up for your second league. Hope we can recruit some more.
    Great. Looking forward to playing. I'm sure more people will be signing up shortly.

BTW, for anyone that wants to know, the draft time for this league is Monday, March 3 at 7:55 pm EST.

I was, but didn't want to do a live draft. Didn't see an auto one started this year.

TB got on one, I believe.
    Pots and Kettles

In Sum:

Larkin Fan's Redszone League #2 is a roto league, 10 teams.
    3 are signed in, so 7 more needed for that league. Live Draft is on Monday, March 3 at 7:55 EST.

League ID: 94797
    Password: redszone

Red Leaders Redszone League #3 is a roto league, 10 teams.
    2 are signed in, so 8 more needed for that league. Live Draft is on Tuesday, March 4 at 5:10pm EST.

League ID: 94562
    Password: 123

Please feel free to join either league. We'd love to have ya.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

TC,

You can still play even if you don't want to participate in the live draft. You can just pre-rank your players and the computer will do the work for you.

Anyone that wants to sign up can go ahead and sign up with the info Red Leader posted. All I ask is that one spot is saved for mckenzie. She wanted to play and accidentally got excluded from the other league, so she is guaranteed a spot in this league. Just wanted to let you all know that. But like I said earlier, we still need more players so feel free to join up! PM me with any questions.

O.K. I'm in 94797.

I've never done rotisserie. I'm a rookie, but I picked up head to head easy enough.

I was trying to figure out the difference at a glance.

In rotisserie, you seem to be competing against all the teams at any one time. You seem to be ranked against all others in each stat.

In head-to-head, you're competing against whatever team you're competing with that week.

Do I sort of have that right?

(Don't worry, I'm not a pain in the arse to play with. Once I get the general idea .... I'm good to go!)
    Pots and Kettles

TC, Rotisserie works on a points system. You get points for each individual stat. It's kind of hard to explain, so I'll post this explanation from Yahoo's website:

"In a Rotisserie League, fantasy teams are ranked from first to last in each of several statistical categories. Points are then awarded according to the order of finish in each category, and are totaled to determine an overall score and place.
    So, if you are in a 12-team league, the team with the most home runs will receive 12 points, the team with the second most will receive 11 points, etc. In the case of a tie, each team involved receives an average of the total points due -- i.e., in the above example, if two teams were tied for first in homers, each would receive 11.5 points [(12 + 11) / 2 = 11.5].

Therefore, the maximum number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories within a league multiplied by the number of teams in the league. Similarly, the lowest number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories multiplied by one, which is the lowest score that can be achieved in any category.

So, if you were playing in a league with 12 teams and 12 scoring categories, the lowest point total possible is 12 [12 * 1 = 12] and the highest is 144 [12 * 12 = 144].

Rankings within the individual scoring categories (HR, RBI, etc.) are based on the cumulative stats earned by all active players during the season and not on any individual day or game.

Therefore, the overall ranking of your team will rise and fall depending on how it performs relative to the performance of other league members. So, the phenomenon of "losing points" can be explained as your rank falling in one or more of the statistical categories used in your league. "

We had a very good draft in the 14 team league tonight (except for Reds Fan in NYC) who wasn't able to attend, and the auto draft gave him about 15 OF's and no infielders (exaggeration). Should be a competitive league and am looking forward to the drafts in Redszone league 2 (Larkin Fan's) and Redszone League 3 (mine) next week. If you are debating joining a league, I urge you to do it. It's real fun and being in a league with fellow Redszoner's is like being with family.:evilgrin: :mad: Good luck to all this season. Please post here if you are interested in joining a league and aren't sure what to do to sign up.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yup, what leader said, still have a great league with spots to fill and a later draft to give you time to do some research and allow some rosters to take shape. PM me if you're interested.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Still have five spots that need filled. Anyone that wants one of them can go ahead and sign up.

Like RedLeader said, we had a great draft tonight. It was a lot of fun and also challenging at the same time. This league was a 14 team league and with 25 player rosters, the stars went fast and it really took a lot of effort to figure out the right players and sleepers to fill the roster. You really had to know your stuff.

Hoping to have some more of you join up. If you haven't ever played before, these are the perfect leagues to get involved in and learn the ropes.

HEY TB and Neo!

Join 94797 also ....... you no-good, lily livered varmints!

Actually, you probably shouldn't join this one. It's not like you'd have a chance ...............

62, GAC, BCubb .... my summertime chatters .... how about you?

It's not that hard. If TB can do it, anyone can. Not that she does it well, because she could never beat me......
    Pots and Kettles

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Originally posted by Red Leader
    We had a very good draft in the 14 team league tonight (except for Reds Fan in NYC) who wasn't able to attend, and the auto draft gave him about 15 OF's and no infielders (exaggeration).
    A couple people weren't able to attend in ours either, but we had a fun time. Raisor is going to pass out when he sees some of the picks the computer made for him. His starting middle infield

2b Pokey Reese
    ss Neifi Perez

His two favorite players in all of baseball.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Turn Off Ads?