Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Night Reds Game

Monday Night Reds Game

Hey all, my family just moved to Cincinnati and I'm meeting them up there Monday. That night, I'm heading to the game - I'm pretty pumped, especially with the Reds playing such good baseball right now.

Anything I need to know/have to see at GABP?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday Night Reds Game

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC119 View Post
    A Reds win

Hey all, my family just moved to Cincinnati and I'm meeting them up there Monday. That night, I'm heading to the game - I'm pretty pumped, especially with the Reds playing such good baseball right now.

It is going to be pretty cool, it is a throw back game so you will not have to put up with all of the extracurricular activities and annoying music.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

A win would be awesome! The pirates haven't been too impressive so I'm hoping for a victory for my first trip. Also, I've heard about this throwback game - will the video board/electronic scoreboard be missed? It still sounds pretty cool and like it will be good time

Ryan - Nice to see your first few posts! Im actually very familiar with Knoxville area. Went to Carson-Newman for undergrad, fiancée went to UT for grad school. Every time I go down there we always try to make it to BW3's on the strip or Ray's to watch the Reds.

Nice to know of another Reds fan in the Knoxville area!

-Matt

Welcome to GABP! It's fun everywhere, but the most rabid fans are in the cheaper seats. Bleachers, View level---not too far out though,--- and the Sun Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Welcome to GABP! It's fun everywhere, but the most rabid fans are in the cheaper seats. Bleachers, View level---not too far out though,--- and the Sun Deck.
    Am I the only one who wants to sit away from "rabid" fans? I want to be left alone and not have to hear from any drunks and or whiny kids, and yes stay off my lawn.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/b...lpark_info.jsp

Have fun....

May 24 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
    75th Anniversary of the First Night Game
    Special ceremonies and activities to celebrate the birth of night baseball on May 24, 1934, at Crosley Field.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Thanks all! Looking forward to tomorrow night. My seats are a few rows up behind third base so I'll have a great view.

@mattfeet: I'm at UT for undergrad right now, always good to see someone with a Vol connection
    Last edited by RyanC119; 05-23-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to sit away from "rabid" fans? I want to be left alone and not have to hear from any drunks and or whiny kids, and yes stay off my lawn.
    My seats are in 528. I don't usually have many drunks or whiny kids around me, luckily, so far this year. At the Civil Rights game I actually spent a lot of time chatting with the dudes in the row behind me. They knew their stuff pretty well. But I'm that kind of guy. I'm the guy who can go to concerts or ball games alone every once in a while because I wind up making friends while I'm there.

So, if you're ever in the ballpark on a Saturday night (because that's when my games are) and walk by 528, look over at Row D for the early 30s, not hugely fat but still a little overweight dude in the Jay Bruce jersey and the goatee and say hey.

To the OP, above all else, have FUN! And go to the Reds HOF at least once a year when you're in town. It rocks. I enjoy it immensely.

Make sure your seat isn't in left field so you have a view of the big scoreboard.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I dont care about the rabid fans-I can handle drunks-its all the dang kids that get on my nerves. I used to have season tix for the Durham Bulls locally, stopped getting them cause every game had Spongebob, Dora or something kids related like that that were too distracting from the game itself.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Just decided on heading down to Cincy tonight for my third game of the year. Got to see Harang pitch a gem against Chicago not too long ago, hopefully he can come out with a solid start this evening (and give this bullpen some much needed rest).

Just tried to post the link for all of tonight's festivities but was denied. (first post and spamming reasons)

So here is the link lol
    Be sure to check it out, sounds like some cool stuff.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/t...night_game.jsp

I was hoping they'd be wearing throwback uniforms but guess you can't have everything. Anyway, a good win for the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?