Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who they bringing up to replace Bailey?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

So who they bringing up to replace Bailey?

LeCure or Maloney?

LeCure just pitched yesterday. Hmmmm.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So who they bringing up to replace Bailey?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    LeCure or Maloney?

LeCure just pitched yesterday. Hmmmm.
    Maloney.

If it's only for 1-3 starts Maloney. If it's something serious Wood or LeCure.

No one because he wont miss a start

No way Homer is on the mound in 5 days. If he only needs a couple extra days maybe Owings will start and a couple guys could get an extra day off.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Per John Fay

Bailey has never had shoulder problems. He said he wasn’t worried.

“I would be if it was serious,” he said.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...bailey-update/

lets hope everything is ok
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

I remember when Edinson Volquez's arm issues weren't considered serious.

The Reds are notorious for giving out super-optimistic injury prognosis'.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I remember when Edinson Volquez's arm issues weren't considered serious.

The Reds are notorious for giving out super-optimistic injury prognosis'.
    THEY knew Volquez's injury could be serious. Don't kid yourself. They just didn't tell the press because frankly, it's none of their business. Pretty much all teams in all sports do this. I'd imagine these guys like their privacy about things like that just as much as anyone. It'd get annoying if I was, say, Edinson, and people kept asking me "so I heard your arm's blown out and you might need TJ surgery."

It's much easier to say, "I'll be fine" even if you're not being truthful. Plus, in Volquez's case, TJ surgery is the last resort. You've gotta try to do other treatments first. They didn't work, so he had the surgery.

That said, I'm not that worried about Homer, yet. I'd be worried if he said it had been bothering him for awhile, or it was his elbow. Stiffness in the shoulder happens all the time for a pitcher, and as long as you don't push it, it's usually no biggie.
    Last edited by gilpdawg; 05-24-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Its kind of funny to think about how most of us thought we had such a glut of starting pitching back in early March, and one injury in May could potentially throw a real monkey wrench in what has been a promising start to a season. Chapman isn't ready for the bigs yet. Volquez is probably 3 months away if he pitches at all, and Justin Lehr - at 33 years old - is looking like last year will have been his last chance at a major league career.
    Hopefully Maloney or Wood can get it done if they have to make an extended appearance.
    Thankfully this team made the moves they did to add appropriate depth this year, not just in the SP, but all over the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    THEY knew Volquez's injury could be serious. Don't kid yourself. They just didn't tell the press because frankly, it's none of their business. Pretty much all teams in all sports do this. I'd imagine these guys like their privacy about things like that just as much as anyone.

It's much easier to say, "I'll be fine" even if you're not being truthful.
    This is a great point.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Its kind of funny to think about how most of us thought we had such a glut of starting pitching back in early March, and one injury in May could potentially throw a real monkey wrench in what has been a promising start to a season. Chapman isn't ready for the bigs yet. Volquez is probably 3 months away if he pitches at all, and Justin Lehr - at 33 years old - is looking like last year will have been his last chance at a major league career.
    Hopefully Maloney or Wood can get it done if they have to make an extended appearance.
    Thankfully this team made the moves they did to add appropriate depth this year, not just in the SP, but all over the roster.

This is a great point.
    We do have starting pitching depth.

Owings is on the roster. Wood almost made it out of Spring Training. Maloney tasted the Bigs last season with relative success. LeCure is showing some good signs in triple A. Klinker is showing some positive signs in Double A.

I'm really not worried about. Most teams would kill to have our depth in starting pitching.

Klinker should be at AAA right now.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

So I saw that del Roserio, I know that is not the correct spelling, is being called up. Does that mean that Owings gets a few starts? I don't mind if he does - for some reason I really like him and want him to become what I think many assumed he would become - a middle of the rotation starter. Plus he can hit and I bet that in a pinch he could surely play the OF and when he was in college he played SS. Interesting player and I hope he does well.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

It most likely means someone else will be called up on Thursday night to start. Owings could start, but he's doing well in his current role and we have a couple of very capable options down in AAA. Del Rosario is going to be an extra arm out of the bullpen in the meantime.

This was actually a really good move. They can still have Maloney called up or have Owings start for Homer, and add a guy who in the meantime has torn it up in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    No one because he wont miss a start

Turn Off Ads?