Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edwin for the Jays

Edwin for the Jays

I'm loving Rolen so far this year but just wanted to note Edwin's tear of late

In May:
    Code:
    G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	TB	BB	SO	SB	CS	OBP	SLG	AVG
    6	19	7	7	0	0	6	11	25	2	2	0	0	.409	1.316	.368
    Yikes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edwin for the Jays

I wouldn't expect that blistering pattern to last. I'm still happier with Rolen.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

yep thats a hell of a streak.

But EE will b EE and suck for 2 months. Be good then be good for a couple of weeks.

And I'll still take Rolen's glove over EE's any day.

Pretty impressive though, 5 HRs this weekend,

And how fitting, Felipe Lopez had the game-winning RBI single that lifted the Cards over the Reds in the division.

Seems like a bunch of former Reds are doing well these days

Didn't he always get hot around this time?

I wish him the best, he was a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Didn't he always get hot around this time?

I wish him the best, he was a class act.
    didnt he rip the reds on his way out. said he was glad to leave and couldnt wait to leave cincy?

6 home runs is 6 days is something even for EE. I'm glad it's working out for him, but even with that streak I'd take Rolen's consistency and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    didnt he rip the reds on his way out. said he was glad to leave and couldnt wait to leave cincy?
    Yes, but I really don't blame him. The team and media used him as the scapegoat when there were much larger problems.

When he was here he was shy but very nice the several times I met him.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Yes, but I really don't blame him. The team and media used him as the scapegoat when there were much larger problems.

When he was here he was shy but very nice the several times I met him.
    Yeah, I was always a fan of him actually. At times I felt like I was one of the very few. His defense was shaky at times and he could get into slumps that lasted half the season but honestly I didn't have a big problem with him.

At times he could have clutch at-bats where he would see about 9 or 10 pitches. But, I also liked Kearns, Felipe, Hamilton, Affeldt, and Freel, and apparently the Reds did not.

Stat geek...and proud

I liked the guy too. Would have liked him better in LF, but that's not important now. Seemed like when he would have a bad streak on defense, he would slump at the plate too, like he was trying too hard. Maybe he could have worked out better if he was playing a position where he wouldn't make as many errors and get the pressure off of him.

But the "Banana Phone Extra Innings Sportstalk Idiot WLW" crowd didn't like him because he didn't smile and sprint to first on a walk (and show up the pitcher in the process) and all that other Charley Hustle crap.

I don't know what it is about Joe Average fan in this town, but when Ryan Freel is the most popular Red of the decade, there's something wrong. Freel was a nice role player, but not a great player by any means. This town is so stuck in the past that I worry that when the Reds finally turn this thing around people won't care and they'll be mad they missed the boat because it's not 1975 anymore. And to quote Rick Pitino, "Johnny Bench isn't walking through that door."

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I was a fan of EE's too, and kept waiting and waiting and waiting for him to come into his own. Always felt like I was waiting.

But I'm happier with Rolen.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

While his recent tear has been great, he had really sucked up until recently. It's what Edwin does. He hits unbelievable for a few weeks, and then can't hit a lick. It goes back and forth, and in the end he is a .260 hitter that will get you 20 to 25 HR's, 65 RBI, and boot 20+ balls at 3B.
    Last edited by scott91575; 05-24-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Edwin will go through these streaks, I'm much more happier with Rolen. He makes the tough plays look easy....while EE made the routine ones an adventure.

http://www.nationalpost.com/scripts/...tml?id=2746100

You know what potential means, right. Haven't done [anything], YET!!!!!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/bio/?id=4352
    Last edited by BigJohn; 05-24-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Turn Off Ads?