Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, you have 48 hours to spend in Boston...

So, you have 48 hours to spend in Boston...

...what do you do? Or, more directly, what do you suggest I do?

I likely will have to attend to some business in Manchester, NH a few Mondays from now. Since work is paying for the plane ride, I'm thinking about flying up to Boston on the Friday before and spending a couple of days being a tourist, then driving the ~60 miles to Manchester on Monday morning.

The Sox are in town that weekend, so I will no doubt try to scalp a ticket. I figure I owe it to myself as a baseball fan to see a game in Fenway...even if it does cost a bit!

Anyone who has ever been there, exactly HOW bad is the traffic, anyway? If my business concludes in Manchester by 4:00 or so, do I have any reasonable chance of getting back to Logan for a 7:00-ish flight back??

Any and all tips/advice appreciated!
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So, you have 48 hours to spend in Boston...

Take the Fenway tour. It is well worth the price of admission.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

U.S.S Constitution.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    Anyone who has ever been there, exactly HOW bad is the traffic, anyway? If my business concludes in Manchester by 4:00 or so, do I have any reasonable chance of getting back to Logan for a 7:00-ish flight back??
    I have been in Boston several times and I never found the traffic to be much of a problem. As in any city, a good GPS is useful, but I've made it around the Boston area without major difficulties.
    I love the Freedom Trail. You can follow a red line on the sidewalks for a walking tour covering much of the historical sites, including the U.S.S. Constitution, Bunker Hill, Paul Revere's house, Old North Church, and then on to Quincy Market and Long Wharf. It's just a good town to walk around and sight see.
    People who live in the area could give you better dining tips than I can, but way back in about 1983 or so, a cabbie recommended The Olde Union Oyster House to another lawyer and me. It's located in a building around 300 years old and past customers included JFK. I've eaten there several times.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I have been in Boston several times and I never found the traffic to be much of a problem. As in any city, a good GPS is useful, but I've made it around the Boston area without major difficulties.
    I love the Freedom Trail. You can follow a red line on the sidewalks for a walking tour covering much of the historical sites, including the U.S.S. Constitution, Bunker Hill, Paul Revere's house, Old North Church, and then on to Quincy Market and Long Wharf. It's just a good town to walk around and sight see.
    People who live in the area could give you better dining tips than I can, but way back in about 1983 or so, a cabbie recommended The Olde Union Oyster House to another lawyer and me. It's located in a building around 300 years old and past customers included JFK. I've eaten there several times.
    Freedom Trail was great. We did a Freedom Trail tour that started in the big public park in Boston I just can't remember the name. The tour probably lasted about an hour or two then we were sent on our way to finish the freedom tour. We didn't make it all the way to Bunker Hill, rather we stopped at the USS Constitution and then took a boat back.

I would catch a game at Fenway. Probably my favorite stadium I have ever been to. The atmosphere before the game is fantastic. I am sure tickets are a little steep but its well worth it to do it once.

Traffic is horrible there.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Logan from Manchester?

Good luck!!!

PM Chili or M2 they can help you, M2 lives there Chili used to.

There is lot's to do, if you just like history follow the Freedom path

I'm with RedsBaron on the traffic. I get through there quite a bit and I usually don't have much trouble. It just depends on the time of day and your tolerance for traffic circles. The Freedom Trail is a must and there are quite a few decent seafood places around if that's your thing. I always make sure to get some whole fried clams whenever I'm up there.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Make sure to grab some Cannoli in the North End. Modern Pastry, Maria's, Bova Bakery and Mike's are all good choices.

I concur on the U.S.S Constitution.

One more vote for the Freedom Trail (which starts in Boston Common) and eating some Italian in the North End. Museum of Science is great too. A walk around Harvard and MIT is cool. Fenway is a must.

Manchester to Logan? At least you're going opposite of main traffic at that time of day. Odds are somewhere between dicey and should be OK.

I mostly flew out of Manchester and Providence when going to Boston.

Pay attention to the open sky

Count the number of street corners with a Dunkin Donuts.

Actually, it's probably easier to count the number of street corners w/o a Dunkin Donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    One more vote for the Freedom Trail (which starts in Boston Common) and eating some Italian in the North End. Museum of Science is great too. A walk around Harvard and MIT is cool. Fenway is a must.

What Roy said.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I'm thinking it would be cool to get by Boston Beer Company's (Sam Adams) location there. Drink some beer and check out the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Count the number of street corners with a Dunkin Donuts.

Actually, it's probably easier to count the number of street corners w/o a Dunkin Donuts.
    That's all of New England, not just Boston.

I agree, stand on the deck of a Frigate. It is my favorite thing in Boston.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?