Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unrecognized Reds prospects

Re: Unrecognized Reds prospects

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Anybody heard of Mesoroco? He's pretty good....

Seriously, one I think is climbing, although not quite obscurely, is Josh Fellhauer.

.298 .344 .456 .800 in A+ right now, with 15 doubles and 4 HR while playing CF. Not the fastest, toolsiest guy I'd guess, but he's done nothing but hit. I can see him cracking the top 15 if he keeps it up and makes it to AA by the end of the year.
    Hopefully Fellhauer is more Chris Heisey than Chris Denorfia.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

The regulars on the board are very familiar with Matt Klinker (1.64 ERA), but just to iterate, I want to point out that he's doing extremely well in AA.

Also, for every mention of Kris Negron, I can't help but think of Jake Kahaulelio (.846 OPS in AA).

Pedro Villarreal has done a good job in Dayton.

Does Doug Salinas deserve to be considered a prospect? I doubt it, but you can't deny that he has been excellent since the start of 2009.

Joe Krebs had a rough start, but he has been pitching pretty well lately (i.e. has surrendered only one hit in the past 2+ weeks and hasn't given up a run during that tenure).

Jake K. is very worthy of recognition; wonder if he'll get a move to AAA soon. Puckett needs to get to AA too, as I assume will happen when Jake gets the call.

Matt Fairel. Sulbaran got the late round starter pub, Fairel has the game.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

I don't see the rush on Kahaulelio. He only has 230-something plate appearances at AA. In three years of A ball, he OPSed around .670, and never excelled. Meanwhile, there's nobody whose place he ought to take at Louisville. Certainly not Valaika's. Not Cozart's or Frazier's or Francisco's when he comes back. I'd say, let him have some sustained success at AA and move him up when a vacancy requires it.

In a couple of weeks Kahaulelio (now there's a guy that needs a nickname) will be 25 years old in AA. IMO, he's the kind of guy that should be dealt before the word journeyman is associated with him. There are a few guys in Carolina in the same boat.

In a couple of weeks Kahaulelio (now there's a guy that needs a nickname) will be 25 years old in AA. IMO, he's the kind of guy that should be dealt before the word journeyman is associated with him. There are a few guys in Carolina in the same boat.
    That kind of prospect has very little trade value. Throw in, only.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Speaking of guys in this boat, there's much of the Louisville roster. This is part of why I advocate pushing K to AAA relatively soon to see if he can do it at all. I'm no doubt in the minority here, but I don't see that Chris Valaika, for instance, has shown anything more than a journeyman's ability at AAA, apart from his BA.

I may as well add Sean Henry.

Henry was given up on around here about 2 years ago...maybe a little less than that.

I've never given up on him even with the backwards step he took last season.

He's still young, and has plenty of potential to contribute in the Majors for four or five years, even if it may not be with the REDS.

The thing about Henry, is that he's hitting both lefties and righties this year. Most prospects are struggling with one or the other.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-26-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Turn Off Ads?