Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday May 24, 2010 Minor League Updates

Re: Monday May 24, 2010 Minor League Updates

Zebulon, NC --- The Cincinnati Reds have made one player transaction impacting their Double-A affiliate Carolina Mudcats prior to Monday night's series finale against Chattanooga.

LHP Joe Krebs has been promoted to Triple-A Louisville, with no other corresponding move occurring. The Mudcats will play with a 23-man roster tonight.

A revised roster is attached.

DELETE: LHP Krebs, Joe (To Louisville)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good. I'm a big Joe Krebs fan. He had a horrible start this year, but lately has been nails.

Dallas Buck has confirmed tonight what has been obvious for a while, he's garbage. He has given up four earned runs in 0.2 innings before being pulled tonight. He's been garbage for a while now. May need to look at moving him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Apparently, Alonso had a poor play in LF.
    Well at least he made up for it at the plate. :ughmamoru

Sean Henry 2-2 with a BB. BA at .323 with an OPS of .861. I'd like to see him at CF in AAA with the journeyman Burke taking a lesser role.

Henry is still just 24 and has a shot to be a useful player IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

nt
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turning the tables for a change, Carolina has wiped out a big deficit (5-0) to take a 9-6 lead into the ninth. Sappelt, leading off, has two doubles, a triple and a stolen base. He's now hitting .378. Homers for Costanzo (the new guy), Eymann and Kahaulelio. Now somebody has to get Chattanooga out in the bottom of the ninth.

Looks like it'll be Jordan Smith, back for his second inning . . . And he gives up a leadoff home run.

Smith leaves the tying runs on and Carolina wins 9-7.

Something that has gone fairly unnoticed (an least, unremarked upon) is the steady improvement of Jerry Gil as a pitcher. He still walks way, way too many, but in general he's no longer a disaster, by any stretch. After three innings of one-run ball tonight, his ERA is down to 4.38.
    Last edited by mace; 05-24-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Senor Votto

How's Cozart looking at shortstop?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Sean Henry 2-2 with a BB. BA at .323 with an OPS of .861. I'd like to see him at CF in AAA with the journeyman Burke taking a lesser role.

Henry is still just 24 and has a shot to be a useful player IMO.
    I agree.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Dallas Buck has confirmed tonight what has been obvious for a while, he's garbage. He has given up four earned runs in 0.2 innings before being pulled tonight. He's been garbage for a while now. May need to look at moving him.
    If you mean releasing him. Yep. It's time. Put Smith back in the rotation and move Serrano and Harang up to AA.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Only 3 Errors in 45 games. Much closer to the way he fielded in Dayton.

Walk rate is right where it should be. Showing better baserunning. Having a very solid over all May even though he has struggled the last 10 games or so. Should be the MLB SS going into 2011 if Cabrera's numbers set the bar...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    If you mean releasing him. Yep. It's time. Put Smith back in the rotation and move Serrano and Harang up to AA.
    You aren't going to release Buck. Put him in the bullpen? Maybe. You don't let a guy with a good arm and a track record of success go though. Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Cozart is solid at SS. Janish is a little better but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to have Cozart's glove at SS in Cincy. His bat could use a little more seasoning but I think it'll be fine.

I agree with dougdirt--it's premature to release Buck. For crying out loud, he has an OPS of .857!

Turn Off Ads?