Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Homer Bailey to the 15 DL (Right Shoulder), RHP Enerio Del Rosario Recalled

Homer Bailey Injury Update

Thom Brennamen just said that Homer Bailey left the game with tightness in his shoulder. He will be examined by Dr. Timothy Kremchek, Monday.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bailey out with shoulder woes..

It was just announced Homer left the game with shoulder stiffness. Doc K will look at him tomorrow. If he goes to the DL, does that mean Chapman is on his to Cincy for a start later this week against Houston?????? You would have to think they would give him a shot. I sure hope Homer is okay. He has been throwing the ball pretty well the past few times out.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Re: Bailey out with shoulder woes..

I highly doubt it. Chapman's already missing his next start with the blister. I think it'll be between Maloney, Wood, and LeCure.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Re: Homer Bailey Injury Update

Maloney has the better numbers. Wood has not been impressive to this point.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Senor Votto

Is Lecure on the 40 man?

It would most likely be either Maloney or LeCure, both of whom are on the 40-man roster. I would not be surprised if Ondrusek would be called up to sit in the bullpen until either Maloney or LeCure is needed for the next start.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 05-23-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Lecure has clearly been pitching the best. Maloney has had problems of his own with blisters and has had a number of short outings recently. The team needs to get 6 from whoever it is.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'd love to see Sam LeCure get the call.

Still hope Homer will be OK.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 05-23-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Is Lecure on the 40 man?
    Yes, this is Lecure's second year on the 40 man roster (and he'll be the first alum from my wife's high school alma mater to make the majors -Helias High School in Jefferson City, MO).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I'm trying to remember the quote somebody had from when we drafted LeCure, about his name. Somebody has to remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Travis Wood doesn't have LeCure's sparkling ERA, but otherwise they've been quite similar. If he throws well today, I think it'll be him. He's right on schedule, was one of the last guys out in ST.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'm thinking Del Rosario up tomorrow, then Maloney on the day of the next scheduled Bailey start. Just makes too much sense IMO.

Fay just tweeted that Homer said "it's nothing serious" and that he wanted to stay in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Short of it being something very serious, there will be no need to make a roster move for several days when Bailey's turn comes around again. Lets hope it's nothing serious.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

If we're gonna have the bus from Louisville to Cincy and back up and running could we please find a way to get Cairo on it while it's running.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?