Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If Del Rosario Never Pitches Again in the Majors....

If Del Rosario Never Pitches Again in the Majors....

He'd probably end up with the strangest career line of all time:

0.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0BB, 1K

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If Del Rosario Never Pitches Again in the Majors....

this is true. I love his arm angle. I hope he gets some chances. It's good to bring someone out of the bullpen in with a different arm angle because it throws hitters off. That was how Scott Sullivan was successful for so many years.

I really liked the way he threw too, and supposedly he gets a lot of ground balls. However, I liked the way Ondrusek threw in his first appearance too, so I will temper my expectations.
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Why did Dusty remove him? Didn't make sense to me.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

have to play the match ups, plus the guy was anything but stellar, effectively wild would be more accurate
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

He'll get his shots...there are enough mediocre arms in the pen to prove that...

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    have to play the match ups, plus the guy was anything but stellar, effectively wild would be more accurate
    I don't know how you can take 5 pitches and make that kind of decisive conclusion, but from the highlights I saw that's not really the description I'd use. He missed his spot on one pitch in the AB where Hanigan lined up inside and he threw it off the outside corner. Plus his minor league stats suggest anything but the "effectively wild" misnomer: He walked only 12 in 80.1 IP last year and just 4 in 24.2 IP this year.

His stuff was what was most impressive, with hard downward movement on his sinker and a change that was deceptive enough that it fooled even Hanigan. McCutchen looked off balance and overmatched in the at bat, and he's no slouch.
    Last edited by sabometrics; 05-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I thought the batters were guessing too on Rosario. He had a couple of pitches up in the zone. He was probably jacked up for his first stint.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?