Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have stoped blaming Dusty

I have stoped blaming Dusty

I now point the finger right at Walt and team ownership. How either of them can sit back and say that Dusty has any kind of clue on how to manage either shows they are idiots, or winning isn't that important. This team is 7 games over .500 in spite of Dusty. Last night he again just about cost this team another game. How in the hell do you leave Harrang in after he has allowed 2 baserunners in the 7th and is clearly struggling and tired and way past 100+ pitches? How in the hell do you not bench Oldlando after that horrible baserunning mistake? How in the hell do you not put janish in then or at least in the 8th/9th for defensive support? Dusty is an idiot and one step away from a senior center, but he is not to blame, it's time our GM and owner either wake up or move on.:thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I have stoped blaming Dusty

Come on man, the Reds are seven games over .500 and tied for first place. Sure Dusty has made some questionable moves but I'm sure that every other manager does as well. It wasn't a bad idea to keep Harang in last night. Harang probably told him that he could finish the inning. Plus the bullpen needed a break too. Could you see the kind of press it would be if we fired our manager that is in first place. If anything after this start I'd say the best move for Walt is to give Dusty an extension

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I now point the finger right at Walt and team ownership. How either of them can sit back and say that Dusty has any kind of clue on how to manage either shows they are idiots, or winning isn't that important. This team is 7 games over .500 in spite of Dusty. Last night he again just about cost this team another game. How in the hell do you leave Harrang in after he has allowed 2 baserunners in the 7th and is clearly struggling and tired and way past 100+ pitches? How in the hell do you not bench Oldlando after that horrible baserunning mistake? How in the hell do you not put janish in then or at least in the 8th/9th for defensive support? Dusty is an idiot and one step away from a senior center, but he is not to blame, it's time our GM and owner either wake up or move on.:thumbdown
    Excessive player/manager bashing, abusive language, and I'm tempted to say trolling, but I can't tell if this post is serious or not. So by my count, you just broke 3 forum rules in one post.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    If anything after this start I'd say the best move for Walt is to give Dusty an extension
    I'm not for firing Dusty on the spot, but an extension is way out of line at this point. It's not how you start but how you finish. Let the season run it's course and see what Dusty and the team can do with the good start. If they finish below 500 then fire him, if they make the playoffs extend him, anything in between then flip a coin.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I have to admit. When Cabrera misplayed that ball hit right to him.......a routine grounder........I was stunned. When he ran to second on a pop up and didn't even attempt to get back to first........my reaction was........take him out and put in Janish. We're winning by 5 runs and Cabrera's head is not in the game. Besides, he just made too routine mistakes.

So I agree with this poster that Dusty let it slide and I completely think he was wrong to do so. Gotta send a message. And then to see the Pirates trim it to 7-5......made me even more upset.

What I see from Dusty is that he is too much of a player's manager and not enough of a game manager. He's more interested in not upsetting his players than he's interested in winning the game. But they seem to win despite his lackadaisical attitude about making changes.

Bringing in Herrera after allowing Del Rosario to pitch to one batter? Herrera is the human batting tee and showed it again last night.

I agree. I don't know how Castellini and Jocketty look themselves in the mirror with that hiring of Dusty Baker. I am not exaggerating when I say that the average knowledgeable fan could manage better than Dusty. Seriously.

And I know these comments seem crazy when we're tied for first place and 7 games over .500. But it's hard to ignore the managing mistakes even if we still come out with a win.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

the Reds can back Dusty because every year the guy has coached their record has impreved. is it his doing...up for debate.....but I can easily see why they are keeping him around.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Dusty is not a good manager, but the fact that we keep winning and are tied for first makes this thread nothin but stupid, pointless, unnecessary bickering...

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipsHead View Post
    Dusty is not a good manager, but the fact that we keep winning and are tied for first makes this thread nothin but stupid, pointless, unnecessary bickering...
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

I am not trolling, this organization for the first time in a long time has very good talent and a good mix of young and vets, yet we continue to be held back by continually dumb moves by our manager. How anyone can sit and watch the games and not see this befuddles me. He cost this team the game last week in Atlanta, he just about cost them the game last night. The problem with the pitching is not the talent, but how they have been used. How many games did Dusty cost us by refusing to shuffle the lineup and get Stubbs out of the leadoff spot? Why is Cairo still on this team when it's clear he has no talent? Yes the Reds are 7 games over .500, my belief is this team could be 12-15 games over .500 with someone in charge who knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Excessive player/manager bashing, abusive language, and I'm tempted to say trolling, but I can't tell if this post is serious or not. So by my count, you just broke 3 forum rules in one post.

We don't keep winning, we are over .500 but you have to ask yourself, with a manager who knows how to in game manage, where would this team be? Right now the Cards are slipping and have a tough next 6 games while we get pretty much 7 easier games. By next monday this team should have a 4-5 game lead over the Cards, however with Dusty in control of our team and LaRusa in charge of the Cards, I doubt if we are in first come next monday nad if we are it's only by a game or two.

Reds next 6 games all at home vs. Pirates and Stros
    Cards next 6 games all on the road At SD then AT Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipsHead View Post

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

There's no way the Cards play bad enough that 4-5 game lead is even possible. The Padres and Cubs aren't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    There's no way the Cards play bad enough that 4-5 game lead is even possible. The Padres and Cubs aren't that good.
    The Padres have the second best record in the NL...
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7
    Check out my Reds blog! Hit me up with any advice on it at anytime, it's always appreciated.
    http://redscheatsheet.blogspot.com/

The Padres in Petco are a tough team. Their pitching locks it down at home, and the Cards will be lucky to win that series...

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

They may be lucky to win the series in San Diego, but for us to be 4-5 games ahead they'd have to go like 1-5 or worse over the rest of the week, which is quite simply not happening.

SD has a better record right now then either us or the Cards, they are getting outstanding pitching and the games are in SD. Then the Cards have to board a plane after a late afternoon game in SD on thursday and fly all the way back to Chicago to play a friday afternoon game and probably another day game on Sat. Yes the Cubbies are not real good right now, but they always play the Cards tough and the Cards will be tired and are not playing good ball right now,.

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post

Turn Off Ads?