Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Daryl Harang assigned to AA Carolina???

Daryl Harang assigned to AA Carolina???

You have to be kidding me!!! Harang assigned to AA Carolina. Someone should be tested for drinking and/or drugs for making this happen!!! Check this out. Last 2 outings in A ball: 5.1 innings, 17 hits, 14 runs, 4 home runs. Overall ERA of 12.46 and you get moved up to AA? Then you have someone like Klinker and Joseph who needs to move up and they just get left behind. Come on guys someone help me understand. PLEASE!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Daryl Harang assigned to AA Carolina???

Someone has to throw innings. Joseph is being held back in Dayton to work on a specific pitch with the coach in Dayton.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I hate to break this to you, BB, but statistics don't have a huge amount to do with who gets promoted. There are a myriad of other reasons.

I see now that statistics has very little to do with anything... one way to get promoted is that DOB
    Last edited by billy bob; 05-26-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
    I see now that statistics has very little to do with anything... one way to get promoted is that DOB
    Not always. Some guys are 'organizational guys' and they are the guys who get promoted/demoted to fill spots within the organization when an opening is needed and the team doesn't want to promote a legit prospect yet for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not always. Some guys are 'organizational guys' and they are the guys who get promoted/demoted to fill spots within the organization when an opening is needed and the team doesn't want to promote a legit prospect yet for some reason.
    Hello, Crash.

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
    I think Doug answered this to some degree, but it's not that stats have "very little to do with anything," it's that stories are more complex than a simple black & white who has the best stats. And, as Doug noted, there are guys that are career minor leaguers who may move up and down rosters and even, at times, make their way to the ML roster for some time or another.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?