Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday, May 26 Minor League Updates

Wednesday, May 26 Minor League Updates

Lynchburg has an 'education day' game.

Mark Serrano is on the mound for the Hillcats and gave up a solo HR in the first inning and the Hillcats are down 1-0 in the 2nd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wednesday, May 26 Minor League Updates

Serrano is working in the mid 80's today again. That is concerning. Despite that though, he has pitched a very good game. Just 2 runs allowed through 5 innings so far with 6 strikeouts. Lynchburg has not scored though against Braves super prospect Julio Teheran.

Two seconds after I submitted that, Serrano hit 91 on the gun.

Lynchburg gets one back on a wild pitch and trails 2-1. Alex Buchholz doubled off the wall and is standing on 2nd with 2 outs in the 8th.

Wind: 20 mph, Out to RF.
    That might make a difference.

Hillcats lose 2-1.

Here it is boys...Klinker to Louisville. I don't think this has been posted yet.

Zebulon, NC --- The Cincinnati Reds have made several player moves impacting their Double-A affiliate prior to tonight's homestand opener against the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx.

RHP Matt Klinker has been promoted to Triple-A Louisville, while RHP Dallas Buck has been placed on the disabled list with an oblique strain. LHP Lee Tabor has been activated from the disabled list, while LHPs Matt Fairel and Daryl Harang have been promoted to the Mudcats from High-A Lynchburg.

The Mudcats roster is now at the Southern League limit of 24 players.

A revised roster is attached.

ACTIVATE: LHP Tabor, Lee (DL)
    ADD: LHP Harang, Daryl (From Lynchburg)
    ADD: LHP Fairel, Matt (From Lynchburg)
    DELETE: RHP Klinker, Matt (To Louisville)
    DISABLE: RHP Buck, Dallas (Oblique Strain

About time they promoted Klinker to Louisville. Now if they would just promote Donnie Joseph.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    About time they promoted Klinker to Louisville. Now if they would just promote Donnie Joseph.
    True about Klinker. Congrats to him. I hate to see him go but this is what it's all about.

The big news there is Fairel, in my view.

Fairel and Klinker are the 2 best starting pitching prospects not on the 40 man roster. Glad to see them both promoted.

When Bailey returns, I hope this sticks and some one like Lehr is moved to another role.

Maloney
    Lecure
    Wood
    Chapman
    Klinker

Nice.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Fairel and Klinker are the 2 best starting pitching prospects not on the 40 man roster. Glad to see them both promoted.

When Bailey returns, I hope this sticks and some one like Lehr is moved to another role.

Maloney
    Lecure
    Wood
    Chapman
    Klinker

Nice.
    According to a quote by rick sweet in the Louisville Courier-Journal, Lehr's season is over, and he may need surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    According to a quote by rick sweet in the Louisville Courier-Journal, Lehr's season is over, and he may need surgery.
    Hadn 't heard. Thanks for the info. Elbow? Shoulder?

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Here is the quote:

It marked the first time this season Reineke didn't allow a run in more than two innings of work. He replaced Justin Lehr, who is out with an inflamed right elbow, in the Bats starting rotation in just his third start of the season.

"Since we lost Lehr, he's in our rotation," Bats manager Rick Sweet said. "Lehr is probably going to have surgery and he's done for the year, so Reineke, as of now, will stay in the rotation."
    Last edited by batsfan; 05-26-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Elbow.

I like Lehr and AAAA vets are nice insurance for a major league team, but he was the wrong guy at the wrong time for this franchise. The reds have a number of prospects to sort through when a big league rotation spot becomes available and Lehr was taking up space. On another team he may have had a chance at the big leagues or at least as the first alternate.

If he wants to continue to pitch, best of luck to him. If he wants to move on to his next career, he may make a good training buddy/mentor/roving instructor for Homer Bailey. They could rehab together and Lehr could probably help him out.

The Reds should offer him a job in the system.

Turn Off Ads?