Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Votto OK?

Is Votto OK?

I heard on the radio he was out with a stiff neck? I did see a shot of the dugout and he was sitting there, looked kind of sad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Votto OK?

Dusty said it was just a scheduled day off. I don't think there is anything to the rumor.

Edit: Guess I was wrong, unfortunately. That'll teach me to trust the Cincinnati media!
    Last edited by reds1869; 05-27-2010 at 09:11 AM.

It was a stiff neck. And the implication in the first post is rather incindiary with no basis.

He looked sad? lol. I would have described him as more contemplative than sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    He looked sad? lol. I would have described him as more contemplative than sad.
    I thought he was yearning.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    He was thinking "why can't I show these fellows how to do it against this batting tee?"

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

He struck me as melancholy.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    He was only trying to categorize all the loose strings from the last episode of Lost.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    took the words from my mouth.

Then again, he's just a melancholy guy kind of always. I think that's what Joey Votto is, just very stoic and serious
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Joey is usually pretty serious during games so nothing seemed out of the ordinary in my eyes. He actually looked to me like he was slightly annoyed that he wasn't able to play in the game, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I'm reading a biography of Lou Gehrig right now, "The Luckiest Man."

More than once I have thought of Joey Votto, while reading about the life of Lou Gehrig: Show up and work. Shut up and play. Always striving to improve. Steady, dependable, and definitely does not need to be in the spotlight, maybe even more comfortable on the edges of fame than right in the middle.

Gehrig led by example. He was named captain only after Ruth was sent to the Braves, and he was quickly over-shadowed by DiMaggio's emergence (the press loved Joe D, and never could figure out what to do with Gehrig, who was the antithesis of Babe Ruth, socially).

Votto reminds me of Gehrig in those ways.

He was probably thinking "How long after a first date do I wait to call Heather"
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post

More than once I have thought of Joey Votto, while reading about the life of Lou Gehrig: Show up and work. Shut up and play. Always striving to improve. Steady, dependable, and definitely does not need to be in the spotlight, maybe even more comfortable on the edges of fame than right in the middle.

Gehrig led by example. He was named captain only after Ruth was sent to the Braves, and he was quickly over-shadowed by DiMaggio's emergence (the press loved Joe D, and never could figure out what to do with Gehrig, who was the antithesis of Babe Ruth, socially).

Votto reminds me of Gehrig in those ways.

I think this is a pretty astute observation, Always Red. I would love for Votto to have half the career Gehrig had and would love to see him playing for the Reds his entire career. He just seems like a solid individual all around.

Votto and Ryan Hanigan now have the longest current tenure with the Reds organization. Both are in their 9th season, having both joined in 2002 (Votto draft, Hanigan - undrafted FA).

By the way, one of favorite movies is Pride of the Yankees . I just recently purchased it on DVD as my old VHS version of it was getting kind of fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    That is a really good book.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He was only trying to categorize all the loose strings from the last episode of Lost.
    Unfortunately that means he will never be able to play again.

Turn Off Ads?