Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the word on Votto?

What's the word on Votto?

Just wanted to know if anybody has heard anything about why Votto didn't play last night.

A thread on the ORG says something about a "stiff neck," but then points out that Dusty said it was "a scheduled day off."

However, I definitely heard Chris say, following Cairo's HR last night, that Cairo was making an unexpected emergency appearance at 1st.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What's the word on Votto?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...nt_id=10459716

Sounds like both Votto and Rhodes should hopefully be available soon, I would hate to have to go too many games with neither of them available.

I bet it's more than just the one game he misses. Last night, after the game when he was walking down the congratulatory line, he was pulling back from everyone as if to say, "Easy... my neck... don't hurt me."

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Stiff neck. Probably got it from those two brush back pitches he received the night before. He really winced at the first one and looked like he hurt himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann View Post
    I bet it's more than just the one game he misses. Last night, after the game when he was walking down the congratulatory line, he was pulling back from everyone as if to say, "Easy... my neck... don't hurt me."
    hit the nail on the head right thier. hes not playin tonight

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    Per Fay Twitter

"Just talked to Votto. He is better. Asked if could pinch-hit: Totally up to Dusty."
    ^ (Another Rolen!?!? )
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

I dont think its all that crazy for Reds fans to be worried about Votto. They tried to mask his issues last year. I hope its not what we fear but you are shorting yourself if you dont at least think its slightly possible.

I think I believe its a stiff neck.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

I doubt that it is anything more then a stiff neck. I hadn't even considered that Votto may have slipped back in, and I don't think there reason too right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I dont think its all that crazy for Reds fans to be worried about Votto. They tried to mask his issues last year. I hope its not what we fear but you are shorting yourself if you dont at least think its slightly possible.

I think I believe its a stiff neck.
    When's the anniversary of his father's passing? It was early August, I believe.

For Votto, that's going to be a very difficult time to get through.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Why so worried about Votto. We got Cairo.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

was there any word on votto during the post game show last night? any idea when he is excepted back?

I have it on good authority that Votto's neck stiffness was caused by Dunn and Griffey Jr. They put a Voodoo curse on him by hijacking the truck carrying the Votto boobleheads and then rusting the springs with the tears of Raphael Palmeiro. It was payback for removing the couch.

Votto not in the line up again today.

Redlegs_87

Starting to think maybe Janish's grandmother dying has brought up unwanted emotions for Votto.

jredmo2

The typical recovery time for a stiff neck is 1-3 days. This would be the third day. Votto is our best player, and we're playing the Astros. I realize that last year Votto's injury status was vague for a while before the anxiety issues were reported, but there is nothing to see here.

Turn Off Ads?