Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't wait till memorial day: Reds-Cardinals at Busch

can't wait till memorial day: Reds-Cardinals at Busch

that's when the reds play the cardinals for 3 days at busch stadium.i hope they sweep the cardinals.i recall the reds sweeping the cardinals in 2006.anyone else going to see the games at busch stadium?
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Re: can't wait till memorial day

I'll be watching from my trusty internet.

A sweep would be... god... I may need hospitalization.

Re: can't wait till memorial day

have fun watching it on your computer.
    please check out my baseball site.plenty of reds,phillies and astros pictures.http://shannonsbaseball.webs.com/

Just joined

Hello Reds fans....I just found this site and read the Game thread yesterday...thought I would add my thoughts: Pujols and Holliday have been doing horrible 'till yesterday. Dusty has LaRussa's number for about the last 3 or 4 series'....Carpenter is not as shut down as he used to be, and the rookie phenom Garcia is coming off an injury.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Reds win 2 of 3.

Re: can't wait till memorial day: Reds-Cardinals at Busch

Welcome to the site! I've merged your comments with another related thread.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Bad time to have Pujols heat up! I think this series is going to be a battle. I just don't see us sweeping the Cards, but I do think winning the series is a definite (and likely, I daresay) possibility. Hope we get the win with Arroyo pitching this afternoon.

Go Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC119 View Post
    Bad time to have Pujols heat up! I think this series is going to be a battle. I just don't see us sweeping the Cards, but I do think winning the series is a definite (and likely, I daresay) possibility. Hope we get the win with Arroyo pitching this afternoon.

Go Redlegs!
    Pujols rarely has 2 great games in a row, for whatever reason. On the other hand, Ludwick has been erradictly dangerous and there is no way to prepare for him....Molina is hitting with RISP way above his career ave, and the rookie Freese has been money.

There is just no way in Hell to predict what Cardinal team will show up: the middle infielders are hitting a combined .170 or so, and CFer Rasmus has exibited the worst arm in the NL, and strikes out a lot.

The real fun will be seeing Dusty out manage LaRussa, win or lose. TLR pulls unnesisary dbl. switches and pitching changes as if he is LOOKING for a man to fail. His best reliever, the fat Reyes has the least innings pitched only giving up 1 ER all year (I think) gets jerked the second a RH hitter comes up. His best reliever has the least IP?

Win or lose it should be an exiting series.

In the middle of article some words of wisdom from Adam Wainwright.This oughta fire ya up.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    In the middle of article some words of wisdom from Adam Wainwright.This oughta fire ya up.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    Sounds like someone is scared.

Re: Just joined

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Hello Reds fans....I just found this site and read the Game thread yesterday...thought I would add my thoughts: Pujols and Holliday have been doing horrible 'till yesterday. Dusty has LaRussa's number for about the last 3 or 4 series'....Carpenter is not as shut down as he used to be, and the rookie phenom Garcia is coming off an injury.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Reds win 2 of 3.
    Welcome! Glad to bring another fan into our little community. It is pretty easy to tell you're new, though. You're nowhere near crabby enough, and you spoke positively of Dusty Baker.

So let's get things straight: Dusty does not have La Russa's number, because Dusty should be fired and if we have a winning season, all it is doing is prolonging the time for which we have to endure the presence of Dusty. Besides, Dusty wears #12 and La Russa wears #10.

Also, I've calculated Dusty's Wins Above Replacement Manager, or WARM, as being -367.5. La Russa's is somewhere around +4. One way Dusty could get WARMer is by playing Paul Janish every day. Another way, is by quitting, and giving his job to a different RedsZone poster every day.

Finally, don't bother reading the Old Red Guard, or ORG, because you will see something to which you would like to reply, and you are not able to do this, since you are not good enough to interact with them yet.

Seriously, though, welcome aboard! I just thought I'd lay out all the stereotypes of RedsZone posters here for you. Yes, like most RZers, I don't get half the moves Dusty makes, but we are pretty damn good at giving credit where credit's due. We also recognize ( I think we do) that Orlando Cabrera's offensive production at least partially makes up for slight lack of range compared to Paul Janish, who is like a white Ozzie Smith, with slightly less power. And we're very happy that in this case, bringing in "veterans who know how to win" means Scott Rolen and Orlando Cabrera instead of Jeff Conine and Royce Clayton.

I hope that both you and my fellow Sun Deckers can appreciate my tongue-in-cheekness here, and learn to know and love Redszone for what it is: The smartest, funniest, most closely-knit community of Reds fans I have had the joy of stumbling across.

OK. Seriously, though. What's up with the whole ORG thing? Are we like the minor leagues for them? How many times have you read something in the ORG, and thought, "I could really contribute some insight to this thread," or seen somebody's post that was just flat wrong, AND YOU CAN'T DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT. This is the only baseball site I've seen with a separation like that. My best friend is a huge Orioles fan, and he was able to join their version of RZ and begin posting on their main board all in the same day. I understand keeping out people who aren't really serious about the Reds or are trolls, but did they have to create a purgatory? I love you all here in the Sun Deck, but I think we should all be able to converse about our Reds together.

Yeah let's get a sweep!!! We need to continue to make a statement, and their is no better way to do that then to go into St. Louis and take all three games! I'm sure there will be a good number of Reds fans there, so let's give them a sweep right there in St. Louis!

Brachial Plexus said: Welcome! Glad to bring another fan into our little community. It is pretty easy to tell you're new, though. You're nowhere near crabby enough, and you spoke positively of Dusty Baker.

So let's get things straight: Dusty does not have La Russa's number, because Dusty should be fired and if we have a winning season, all it is doing is prolonging the time for which we have to endure the presence of Dusty. Besides, Dusty wears #12 and La Russa wears #10.

[B]Thanks for the info Sir...I used to laugh at Dusty's moves when he was with the Giants and Cubs, and still do sometimes. But I really believe that he has it over LaRussa. I'm pretty sure that those 2 hate each other given their history, and Baker keeps his cool while TLR silently fumes and over calculates.

BTW, I hate rain delays!

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post

[B]Thanks for the info Sir...I used to laugh at Dusty's moves when he was with the Giants and Cubs, and still do sometimes. But I really believe that he has it over LaRussa. I'm pretty sure that those 2 hate each other given their history, and Baker keeps his cool while TLR silently fumes and over calculates.

BTW, I hate rain delays!
    Good point; I can totally see that! I hate rain delays too! Sorry to end my welcome post to you with my rant on the hierarchy. Welcome!

todays game was awful.i did get to talk to a few of the reds players outside busch stadium before and after the game today.ryan hannigan was with the team.i asked him how long he'd be on the dl he said 2 to 3 more weeks.

I was wrong. Dusty pulled some dumb stuff. Almost like he didn't give a dam.
    Last edited by Magdal; 06-01-2010 at 04:11 AM.

Turn Off Ads?