Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you believe it? Reds have won 21 of 30

Can you believe it? Reds have won 21 of 30

the reds have won 21 out of 30 games. it's just really remarkable at what they have done this year, I am sooo proud of them. I have to say this is the first year I've actually had fun watching them since 99. I couldt remember the big red machine since I was just a little kid, I was born in 1986 but this is the most fun I've had and I know I'm rambling but it sure is fun and my MVP of this year is scotty rolen, guy has been clutch. GO REDS!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: can you believe it?

I was also born in 86 and I'm siked, 95 and 99 are the only good Reds teams I've known -- so I'm rather anxious to see a winner, and believe in one.

I agree man. it's been one heck of a ride that's for sure. 8 games over 500. almost the end of may, leading the NL central. could't be any better. just gotta keep winning.

Born in 1985 here and this has been an awesome season so far. The 2002 season started much like this. No one really remembers it but I think we were at one point like 4 or 5 games in first in June. Our pitching is far superior this year and for the first time in a long time, I feel this organization is heading in the right direction in every way.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

the 2002 Reds also finished 20 games back, lol. what a terrible second half.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Feels good. Being a reds fan, though, I feel like i'm always waiting for the bottom to drop.

Born in 84, went to Spring training in 90 and got team autographs. Chris Sabo ftw.

i knew the reds would be contenders and they haven't proved me wrong. Just wait till Volquez gets back, then we'll be world series contenders

Hate to say this but we have to root for the Cubby's this weekend.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

As a fan since the 70's, this Reds team is finally looking like they are on the right track. With Cueto, Leake, Bailey and Chapman they really have some great pitching potential. Any team that has 2 dominant starters and 2-3 quality guys will contend. Even if the offense struggles at some point, I think the pitching will keep the Reds above the .500 mark.

Well I was born in "53" yes I said 53! and I remember when Moses was our third baseman! I love this team,and I love my Scotty Rolen!!!

Since no one has bothered to mention it....21 out of 30 is playing at a....

.700 clip. That's a heck of a run for 30 games.

And, we've got the Astros at home next, followed by a June where most of our games are at home.

We should be in a good position come July 4th weekend.

I remember being at PNC Park for the Reds-Pirates series back in April, and we got swept. That was a true low moment, and if you would've told me then that we would be in first place at the end of May.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    Hate to say this but we have to root for the Cubby's this weekend.
    i will not root for the cubs. If the cubs happen to win a few game this weekend it wouldn't be the end of the world it really won't matter all that much because the reds have three games against the cards next week. win 2 of 3 or sweep that series and we should be in some serious good business the rest of the summer.. even if we lose 2 of 3 it won't be the end of the world because of all the home games the month of June

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Re: Can you believe it? Reds have won 21 of 30

With how great this 21 of 30 streak feels, can you imagine what it was like in 1975 when the Reds won 41 of 50? (I was only 4, so I don't quite remember.) They were 18-19 in mid May and six games back of the Dodgers. Then, they went on a tear and ended up winning 108 games and won the division by a 20-game margin. For an entire month, that team didn't commit a single error.

So, to repeat history, the Reds need to win their next 20 games.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Re: Can you believe it? Reds have won 21 of 30

Sorry but I just can't root for the Cubs.

I'll just have to root for both teams to somehow end up with a loss.

Turn Off Ads?