Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Offense - NL Ranks

Reds Offense - NL Ranks

Don't look now, but the Reds are looking like an offensive team.

Before tonight's 8 runs against the Pirates here is their ranking in the National league.

Runs: 4th
    BA: 2nd (when's the last time that happened???)
    OBP: 3rd
    Slg: 2nd
    Hits: 5th
    HR: 2nd
    SB: 3rd

Watching the game I wondered why Dusty is not giving more playing time for Heisey given is semi hot streak. But look at these team numbers! Whatever he's doing, it's working. If this keeps up, the biggest concern has to be the bullpen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The offense

We're doing all of this without having anyone in the Top-10 of most Offensive stats. Votto might slip into a couple.

It's a total team effort.

Cairo even contributed the last two days.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: The offense

AND the pitchers are batting something like .400 over the past week

Re: Reds Offense - NL Ranks

I was shocked to see those numbers. GO REDS!

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

But somehow, with all this great hitting and good pitching, we have only scored 16 more runs than our opponents. That is a lot of close games. This will come into play later in the season when we have some real pressure on us. We will know how to handle the pressure.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Well, I read over in the ORG that we have given up like 60-something runs in 6 combined games, which doesn't really help the overall run differential. I'm curious to see the RS/RA in the last 30 games.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Cardinals Run Scored- 205
    Reds Run Scored- 237

even though the Cards have a better run differential, the Reds are getting it done at the plate!
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Let me update those numbers for you a little to include last night

Runs: 3rd
    BA: 2nd
    Slg: 1st
    Hits: 2nd
    HR: 1st

Here is a little tidbit I thought was a mistake when I first saw it. What MLB team leads the majors in batting average? Would you believe Kansas City Royals? Seriously, I thought it was a mistake.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

We have the 4th best record in baseball, overall. The 2nd best in the NL. I was surprised to read that.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    We have the 4th best record in baseball, overall. The 2nd best in the NL. I was surprised to read that.
    The best record in baseball is SD, and they are bound to fall off soon....lets hope the Reds don't follow suit.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

And everyone was so concerned with the offense early. Isn't this quite a switch

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    Let me update those numbers for you a little to include last night

Runs: 3rd
    BA: 2nd
    Slg: 1st
    Hits: 2nd
    HR: 1st

Here is a little tidbit I thought was a mistake when I first saw it. What MLB team leads the majors in batting average? Would you believe Kansas City Royals? Seriously, I thought it was a mistake.
    It helps when you get to play the NL Central so much.

The REDS have a losing record in their combined games outside the Division. That will be another test later. But, for now, bring on the Astros.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It helps when you get to play the NL Central so much.

The REDS have a losing record in their combined games outside the Division. That will be another test later. But, for now, bring on the Astros.
    You just can't be happy can you? ENJOY IT! It doesn't happen all that often around here.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Yeah, our division has 4 teams that are sub .500, this might be one of the years where having a 6-team division works for us. If 3 or 4 teams in the division are hot it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    You just can't be happy can you? ENJOY IT! It doesn't happen all that often around here.
    Four weeks ago I predicted we'd be 30-21 after Sunday's game. Looks like I'll be right. The only way to have done that is, first of all to know what I'm talking about, but most importantly, I was (and am) very optimistic about this club (when so many people were wanting the whole team traded away).

You'll find two dozen positive threads started by me about the REDS over the last 4 weeks (about one per day).

Turn Off Ads?