Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ted Lilly caught cheating?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Ted Lilly caught cheating?

Great job by Nitkowski to notice that. I might have to start following him on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Great job by Nitkowski to notice that. I might have to start following him on Twitter.
    Played with CJ in HS, awesome guy.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I thought Casey Blake should be ticked that the ump wouldn't move to really see if he was ahead of the rubber
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Corked bats, moving way up in front of the rubber...only the Cubs.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Corked bats, moving way up in front of the rubber...only the Cubs.
    Except that twice last night we saw guys pitching from in front of the rubber.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

These umpires should be embarrassed that Lilly has been getting away with this and has not been caught. Angles, whatever... not doing their job. You check that a player who hits a HR touches each base... you should make sure a pitcher is on the rubber. It is a rule.

On another note... if MLB can confirm this by video, should Lilly be suspended and/or fined? I view this as being the same as using sandpaper (Joe Niekro) or other methods of cheating. What do you think?
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    These umpires should be embarrassed that Lilly has been getting away with this and has not been caught. Angles, whatever... not doing their job. You check that a player who hits a HR touches each base... you should make sure a pitcher is on the rubber. It is a rule.

On another note... if MLB can confirm this by video, should Lilly be suspended and/or fined? I view this as being the same as using sandpaper (Joe Niekro) or other methods of cheating. What do you think?
    Why should Lilly be suspended? The umpires are the ones who should get the reprimand. Casey Blake was courteous enough to assist them yet they still didn't get the call right.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post

I think there is a long storied history of cheating in baseball and unless you are caught on the field MLB won't do a thing about it.

OTOH, I would suspect the next umpire crew that has a Lilly game will make sure the rule is enforced.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    Why should Lilly be suspended? The umpires are the ones who should get the reprimand. Casey Blake was courteous enough to assist them yet they still didn't get the call right.
    I agree with you on reprimanding the umpires; however, cheating is cheating. Is Lilly not aware of his cheating? I'd guess he is very aware. I am just throwing it out there to be honest. He is gaining an advantage by not following the rules. Same happens for pitchers who doctor the ball, batters who use cork in their bats, etc. They get suspended/fined. Are there difefrent levels of cheating or is there just cheating?
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

He's a Cub - throw the bum out.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?