Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pirates manager John Russell's body language

Pirates manager John Russell's body language

With that team, I don't think it matters who the manager is, but whenever the camera pans on that guy, he is just unbelievably stoic and statue-like. That body language has to rub off on the team. Where's the passion? I've had friends of mine who are Pirates fans tell me that there have been numerous occasions where there's a bang-bang play, and he will sit sit there in the dugout, leaving his guys out to dry.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pirates manager John Russell's body language

How much fun would it be if it the Reds and Pirates were like the Bengals and the Steelers, competing for division titles. It would make me want to hate Pittsburgh more during the spring, but it now it just makes me sad to see the lack of passion that team has sometimes.

Pretty good racket the Pirates ownership has going on.

Sort of reminds me of Mike Brown in the 1990s. Spend the bare minimum, field a bunch of nobodys, make lots of money, rinse, repeat.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

your the Pirates Manager, not only do you HAVE to watch 162 Pirates games, you have to pay attention...enough said.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    How much fun would it be if it the Reds and Pirates were like the Bengals and the Steelers, competing for division titles. It would make me want to hate Pittsburgh more during the spring, but it now it just makes me sad to see the lack of passion that team has sometimes.
    come on friend....Bengals have 2 winning seasons in 25 years and you play it like they and the Steelers are one in the same in the AFCN....I guess thats like comparing the Pirates to the Yankees

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

The Pirates franchise kinda parellels that here in Cincy. 100+ years of baseball, 5 rings, 9 NL pennants, and a lot of recent losing seasons. Current ownership over there is undeniably cheap though, it's going to be hard to add another 5 rings in next 90 years if you're a buccos fan.

oh, and in the 80's i think the reds and pirates were the only teams not to qualify for the playoffs during the decade.
    Last edited by Reds; 05-28-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    come on friend....Bengals have 2 winning seasons in 25 years and you play it like they and the Steelers are one in the same in the AFCN....I guess thats like comparing the Pirates to the Yankees
    thats not my point friend. the point is its a rivalry. There is heat in the rivalry. Pittsburgh fans can't stand bengals fans. I can't say the same about the Reds and Pirates. I'm just trying to say that it would be fun if both of those cities were involved in meaningful games in which people cared about

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    thats not my point friend. the point is its a rivalry. There is heat in the rivalry. Pittsburgh fans can't stand bengals fans. I can't say the same about the Reds and Pirates. I'm just trying to say that it would be fun if both of those cities were involved in meaningful games in which people cared about

I know what ya mean....Mike Brown, while a great guy and probably a greater person to his players, does not belong at the top with authority. I just seen my door open as a chance to slap the Bengals down a notch....its what us Browns fans do....it makes us feel like our team is good. At least let us have that. Take care friend

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    The Pirates franchise kinda parellels that here in Cincy. 100+ years of baseball, 5 rings, 9 NL pennants, and a lot of recent losing seasons. Current ownership over there is undeniably cheap though, it's going to be hard to add another 5 rings in next 90 years if you're a buccos fan.

oh, and in the 80's i think the reds and pirates were the only teams not to qualify for the playoffs during the decade.
    And they were both probably the class of their division in the 70's.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?