Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Has Picked Up Reds/Cardinals Game

ESPN Has Picked Up Reds/Cardinals Game

ESPN HD has picked up the Reds @ Cardinals game on Wednesday, June 2 at 8:15 PM. It's great to see the Reds getting some national exposure and respect.

I believe the game will be blacked out on ESPN in the Reds TV market, but the rest of the country will enjoy this one while we are watching on FS Ohio.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Re: ESPN Has Picked Up Reds/Cardinals Game

By my calculations the probable pitchers will be Carpenter vs. whoever we call up to replace Homer.

I say bring up Aroldis.

Nice to see us finally getting some exposure. However, It really pisses me off that they black us out here in WV, especially for a road game. If we ever get a chance to play on Sunday night baseball, I will blow a gasket LOL
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

This is great news...I never see them here in Tenn. so it will be nice to get them on ESPN that night!

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I say bring up Aroldis.
    better have micah owings ready to take over in the 4th inning when Chapman goes 130 pitches through 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC119 View Post
    This is great news...I never see them here in Tenn. so it will be nice to get them on ESPN that night!
    Do you get fox sports Tenn, I get it here in NC and have been watching a few games here and there when they dont black them out. I was excited to find I get that station a couple weeks ago.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Cool I hope they talk about the Reds during the game instead of how awesome the Cardinals are, and how the Cubs are hot on their heals for the Central title.

Boiler up!

Definitely good exposure. Will be interesting to see who gets the call to pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Do you get fox sports Tenn, I get it here in NC and have been watching a few games here and there when they dont black them out. I was excited to find I get that station a couple weeks ago.
    Where I am right now (Middle TN), I get FSTENN but the Cardinals and the Braves get top priority. Braves were on the road last night and got the show. There's a huge Braves following here. You see lots of Cards fans here as well. Reds are third on the totem pole.

Of course, I do live in Knoxville for the majority of the year, and at least the Reds jump the Cardinals on the interest level in East TN. Once I get back over there in a couple of weeks, I'll most likely get to see my team on TV much more.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC119 View Post
    Where I am right now (Middle TN), I get FSTENN but the Cardinals and the Braves get top priority. Braves were on the road last night and got the show. There's a huge Braves following here. You see lots of Cards fans here as well. Reds are third on the totem pole.

Of course, I do live in Knoxville for the majority of the year, and at least the Reds jump the Cardinals on the interest level in East TN. Once I get back over there in a couple of weeks, I'll most likely get to see my team on TV much more.
    Cool, I was dissapointed the game wasnt on there last night, thought it was going to be. I have noticed they will pick up Braves games, so guess htere wont be as many games on as I would like, but more then I am used to so cant complain!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

The ESPN Sunday Night Baseball schedule is only set through the All-Star Break. After that, they choose a top game and move it to the big stage.

The Reds have a legitimate shot at getting 1+ of these games on SNB if they stay at/near the top of the division:

Aug. 8 - @ Chicago Cubs
    Aug. 22 - @ Los Angeles Dodgers
    Aug. 29 - vs. Chicago Cubs
    Sept. 5 - @ St. Louis

Also, the St. Louis @ Cincinnati game on Monday, August 9 has been on ESPN's schedule since the start of the year.

So, if you have FSN Ohio, it will be blackedout?
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

On Wednesday Night Baseball, anyone in the Reds' designated TV market will see ESPNEWS on ESPN during the game instead of the game itself.

The Monday game in August against St. Louis should be available on ESPN -- ESPN can show a local team on its network up to 3 times per season and this will be the Reds' first appearance in the local market. This is special to Monday and makes it different from Wednesday.

Turn Off Ads?