Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teams That Could Take On Payroll This Summer - Reds?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: Teams That Could Take On Payroll This Summer - Reds?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'd love to know what Rosenthal's source meant by "creative". Is that just about compensation or the type of talent we'd potentially bring in?
    I think it goes back to the Chapman signing -- finding a way to get a deal done even though we weren't in position to write the biggest up-front check, because we wanted him that badly. That was creative. So was trading for a veteran (Rolen) when we were technically supposed to be sellers, not buyers. I think Jocketty will exhaust every possibility to get the guy he wants at the deadline, whoever that is. I just hope we're in position for it to matter.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Teams That Could Take On Payroll This Summer - Reds?

I firmly believe that this town will turn out if the Reds continue to play this way. They have shown up for the Astros so far and this team is just fun to watch right now. We want a winner so bad it isn't funny.

I do however believe there is still a lot of folks out there waiting for the swoon that seems to happen every year a little bit before the Allstar break. If we get over that hump, I think it will turn the rest of the skeptics our way.

Turn Off Ads?