Turn Off Ads?

Thread: June will be a telling month

June will be a telling month

I don't want to throw fire on a red hot team, but June will be a telling month.

12 games against the Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, and Phillies. Not exactly the Astros and Pirates.
    6 games on the west coast
    The other nine aren't so bad KC, Clev and Washington.

But I hope the Reds keep their focus. But they need to sweep Houston in Cincinnati.

I will enjoy this for as long as it lasts though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: June

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I don't want to throw fire on a red hot team, but June will be a telling month.

12 games against the Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, and Phillies. Not exactly the Astros and Pirates.
    6 games on the west coast
    The other nine aren't so bad KC, Clev and Washington.

But I hope the Reds keep their focus. But they need to sweep Houston in Cincinnati.

I will enjoy this for as long as it lasts though.
    I really think the reds are in it to stay. If they play .500 against the 4 tough teams and beat up on the other three, it could be a pretty productive month.

June 1st is always the date the Reds have seemed to fall off in the past. Let's hope that changes this season and i believe it will

The Reds always seemed to do well for the first couple of months of the season in recent history. They usually fall off in late June and the rest of the summer. I don't want to jinx them, but I think instead of relying on inconsistent offense from guys like Dunn, the pitching is consistent enough to carry the team through.

Quote Originally Posted by JKam View Post
    The Reds always seemed to do well for the first couple of months of the season in recent history. They usually fall off in late June and the rest of the summer. I don't want to jinx them, but I think instead of relying on inconsistent offense from guys like Dunn, the pitching is consistent enough to carry the team through.
    I agree. Aside from Harang and Arroyo, this team is not even close to the same as what it was when Dunn and Griffey were out there.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Usually it starts on their first west coast swing.If the Reds were beating bad
    teams 2-1 or 4-3 I'd be worried.......I'm not worried.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Most games are at home in June.

The schedule is in the REDS' favor for June.

Should be a very good month.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

We need Joey back. I think alot of people are reminded of his month-long break last year. The sooner he comes back the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    We need Joey back...
    He looked a lot better moving around in the dugout and on the feild after the game last night. I predict we'll see him in the line up tonight. But even if not, I bet it won't be but a day or two more. No reason to rush him at this point. Not with the production that's coming from Cairo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    We need Joey back. I think alot of people are reminded of his month-long break last year. The sooner he comes back the better.
    Should anyone named "Vottomatic" say anything else?

Re: June will be a telling month

i would be worried if we were squeaking by these bad teams, but were not. we are crushing them just like the yanks or rays would if they were playing them. were doing what good teams do.

Turn Off Ads?