Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the 2nd best record in baseball, leading the league in runs and OPS the Reds...

With the 2nd best record in baseball, leading the league in runs and OPS the Reds...

Just got shut out from BBTN on ESPN. Unless I missed it I watched a complete hour of baseball tonight and there wasnt a single mention of the Reds game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: With the 2nd best record in baseball, leading the league in runs and OPS the Reds

Nope, you didn't miss it. I watched the entire show as well (well had it on while on the computer), and thinking I missed it, posted on the Reds board on ESPN.com. Another poster confirmed that there was no mention of the Redlegs.

Re: With the 2nd best record in baseball, leading the league in runs and OPS the Reds

They showed Halldays perfect game highlights 3 times BTW. Which is fine but they showed the same highlights 3 times once with some music so I guess its cooler and more important.

They also fit in Kurkgems which can be interesting apparently is more important also.

They also took their time to go sit at a table, and talk about Buster Posey who wasnt making his MLB debut but apparently is more important than the 2nd best team in baseball.

Maybe they think it counts as a Reds highlight because Juan Castro made the final out in Halladay's perfect game. Oh well, they can't ignore the Reds forever, as long as they keep winning. I'm just happy to be 3-0 at games I've attended this year...I didn't see a single win in person in 08 or 09. It was rough.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Taking no other factors into account (like an upcoming ESPN game featuring a certain team) I wasn't surprised at all to see the Reds missing the cut on BBTN yet again.

BUT I am very surprised they haven't used the Reds' success this weekend as fodder to hype up that Wednesday night game. I fully expected a couple minute sit-down to talk about the Reds and hype up the Memorial Day series against the Cards. Maybe that was shuffled around to today after the busy night yesterday.

Yep, this is really starting to irritate me. The Reds have climbed to the 2nd best record in all of Baseball, and absolutely none of the National Press is giving it even an "oh, by the way" ESPN or MLB.com. I wonder what the talking heads might have to say if they win a couple in StL? Looking at the team stats, there isn't many areas where the Reds aren't currently #1. Avg., Runs, OBP, Slg., Hits, HRs........Okay, I realize that they have had good stats only to "June swoon" in recent memory, but c'mon! There isn't anybody playing better right now.

Good point sabo. I hadn't thought of that. But I was pretty surprised that they didn't show the Reds on Baseball Tonight. I figured a game with 6 homers with two guys hitting 2 dingers would get at least 15 seconds of airtime. Bruce's 2nd one was launched.

And as I type this, at least sportscenter is showing the Redlegs.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

BTW Kurkgems are interesting as long as I'm still seeing the highlights of all 15 Major League games. But once his segment starts bumping actual highlights it's time for it to go. I could care less if Joe West and Bob Davidson are in a heated race for the most tosses by an umpire all-time, show me the freaking highlights and leave your egos at the door.
    Last edited by sabometrics; 05-30-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: grammatical fiddling

Since April 11th they have the 2nd best record in baseball. You read that correct. Since the 5th game of the year they have been the 2nd best team in baseball.

Best record in baseball since April 25th

They have the best record in may.

I wouldnt mention them either.

It's been a fun season, I am very excited, aside from 1999, we have stunk every season of my life I've really been able to keep up and follow the Reds.

Best home record in baseball also.

I dont think they showed Oakland highlights either. They are leading their division also.

I heard a stat tonight we have hit a home run in 18 straight games...hope we can keep that up as well..be nice to set a record...I remember the Rangers hitting a homer in 27 games in a row in like 02.

i hardly ever watch BBTN but i thought they just showed all the highlights even if it was just for 10 seconds but they have had a few mentions on shows like PTI and ATH.

What really bothered me was that Baseball Tonight showed Stephen Strasburg's highlights (a MINOR LEAGUER), instead of the 2nd best team in baseball.

Turn Off Ads?